Week 6:

(skipped September 11th, 2023)

September 12th, 2023:

Morning:

My eyes were on my book until I hear the teacher speak.

"If there was a girls vs boys competition, who would win?" the teacher asked.

"Well, for math," Callie frowned. "Probably the boys since they have Lewis... but we do have Nisarah..."

I frowned, obviously feeling annoyed that Callie clearly considered Lewis smarter than me. "I shall resign from this competition since I am clearly underappreciated by my fellow peers,"

Callie's eyes widened. "No, Nisarah! Stay with ussssss,"

I rolled my eyes.

"What about an ELA?" the teacher asked.

"I am not gonna be any help," Lewis said.

I pointed to myself, basically saying I would be tons of help.

At least, it was obvious I was smarter in ELA class.

"Yeah, how do you even fail ELA class at the beginning of the year?" Callie rolled her eyes.

"For real," I agreed.

ELA: Lewis finished his work extra early, walking to the teacher's desk, I found myself thinking, Lord, someone needs to tell this child to slow down and actually check his work!That is why he's failing ELA!

When he came back with the paper still in his hand, I raised my eyebrows at him.

"You're already done?" He barely got to nod before I added, "Give me your paper," I said, holding out my hand. Lewis gave the paper to me and I scanned through his work. I could barely read his handwriting for the short responses because he obviously rushed through it and he got two questions wrong. Before I could tell him what he did wrong, the teacher started talking and he asked for his paper back and I handed it to him.

Math:

Alicia was acting a little strange. She was giggling a lot and singing songs like Diamonds by Rihanna. When she realized she was singing a song, she giggled at her own silliness. I found it funny and maybe a little annoying. But I still liked how she acted weird around us. Like she felt comfortable.

Then I refused to help Alicia.

"Fineeee," Alicia groaned. "Aye, Raffle Ticket! Help me,"

"Raffle Ticket" comes to Alicia and examines her work. "Ask Lewis,"

Roman just left as Alicia raised her eyebrows. "What the hell?" she fumed. "I asked for help and he said ask Lewis?"

"I'm helping you now," I said firmly. I don't know why I didn't want Lewis to help her. Maybe I just want to prove to her that I was smarter.

Alicia furrowed her eyebrows. "Now you want to help?"

I shrugged.

"I don't want that kid to help you. I'm smarter. Lord, I hope I see his head twist around and his smartness gone," I mumbled, half joking, half serious. Alicia's eyes widened.

"Woah!"

"Yeah, he's so hella annoying," I glanced at him before talking again. "That kid's ego is clearly twice his height,"

Alicia laughed and giggled and I sighed as I guided her along the math problems.

September 13th, 2023