Chapter 98

Jiang Luo was disgusted by the function of the male fish's blood.

It was bad enough that he was in heat, but the fact that the blood had this kind of function made him wonder how dirty the blood of a male fish could be.

The incident caused Jiang Luo's chest to heave violently with anger. However, facing the curious gaze of the evil spirit, Jiang Luo had to suppress his temper and pretend as if nothing had happened.

At this moment, it was crucial not to let Chi You notice anything unusual; otherwise, Jiang Luo's fate tonight would be unpredictable.

He was very, very interested in Chi You, but it was the interest of an enemy. He was willing to humiliate his enemy, but as for being humiliated by his enemy—

That was impossible.

Jiang Luo exhaled a breath of hot air, forcefully suppressing the heat surging in his body, twisted the water out of his bathrobe, and said as if nothing was amiss, "This lesson is over."

Having said that, he attempted to bypass the evil spirit and return to his room.

But Chi You blocked his path.

Jiang Luo tensed up inside but looked up at him without showing any reaction.

The black-haired youth's face was abnormally flushed, and his breath was heavy, turning into white mist under the cold rain. His gaze was cold yet warning, but the redness at the corners of his eyes made him seem reluctantly inviting, almost as if he was feigning anger rather than truly angry.

It was quite seductive.

Chi You smiled interestingly and said slowly, "You seem a bit off."

Jiang Luo slowed his breathing and asked calmly, "What's wrong with me?"

The evil spirit looked down at him.

No matter how one looked at the black-haired youth, something was off.

"You're not...?" his dark eyes narrowed.

As Jiang Luo braced himself for being seen through, he heard Chi You muse, "Running a fever?"

Jiang Luo remained silent, and Chi You took it as an admission. The omnipotent evil spirit suddenly lost interest in teasing Jiang Luo, even feeling a bothersome displeasure.

Humans were always so fragile, even Jiang Luo. Just getting caught in the rain could lead to illness, and the person he considered an equal, an opponent, was constrained and hindered by such a fragile human body.

He could get sick, hurt, die.

Boring.

Chi You's lips tightened, and his presence became dangerous and twisted for a moment, with black mist swirling behind him. As the air seemed to thin, and Jiang Luo's instincts raised an alarm, the evil spirit suddenly vanished.

The lingering sense of terror remained, and Jiang Luo's initial alertness turned into confusion.

What was Chi You up to?

Was he deliberately setting a trap to harm him?

Jiang Luo was baffled. After standing guard for a few minutes without seeing Chi You reappear, he finally believed Chi You had truly left.

This move by the evil spirit was beyond his understanding, and Jiang Luo couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Running a fever? What a thought.

But then, the heat in his body intensified, his breath hot. Jiang Luo hurried back to his room.

Upon seeing himself in the bathroom mirror, Jiang Luo understood why Chi You thought he was running a fever.