Chapter 174

After teasing Hua Li, Liao Si inquired, "Where is the master?"

"Upstairs," Ge Wuchen replied, "but you better not disturb the master; he's resting."

Liao Si shrugged helplessly, walked to another computer beside Ge Wuchen, and sat down. "Looks like my timing isn't great. I skipped the boring New Year's Eve dinner, hoping to see the master as soon as possible, and have him transform Qi Ye's body into my new one."

Hua Li said, "You mentioned before that Qi Ye's body is quite suitable for the master, just like yours."

"Indeed, his body is perfect for the master," Liao Si also opened the game, intending to play with them, "it's almost unbelievable how well it suits him. I dare say if the master used Qi Ye's body, it would be a perfect match."

He coughed twice, "But since the master has a divine body now, he doesn't need Qi Ye's body anymore, so I set my sights on him."

The game had already ended, with no clear winner. Ge Wuchen hadn't killed enough of "Qingfeng Daoist." He once again invited the other to the next game, adding a taunting remark to provoke the opponent into playing further. "But Qi Ye is from the Qi family, a renowned genius in the metaphysical world's younger generation. Even if the Qi family falls, occupying his identity may not be convenient for you. How will you return to the old Liao family in Xiangxi? How will you use your corpse-repelling technique?"

After a while, Liao Si stopped coughing. He nonchalantly said, "There's always a way to handle these matters, but most importantly, my body can't hold on much longer."

Hua Li paused, turning to look at him.

Liao Si sat in the computer chair, wearing thick clothes, even thicker than Ge Wuchen the monk. Despite being bundled up, it couldn't conceal his frail physique. He was even more fragile than in the summer, with the visible disappearance of vitality. Perhaps in a year or maybe two, Liao Si might pass away.

The computer's azure light illuminated the determination in Liao Si's eyes. "You know about my dream, right?"

"I am the last heir of the corpse-repelling art. If I die, the Liao family's corpse-repelling technique will vanish," Liao Si explained. "I slept with corpses and ate with corpses since childhood. I've studied for a whole twenty years, with corpse oil seeping into my bones, and my entire body reeking of the scent of death. I am proficient in the art, inheriting the same talent as my ancestors. But I have never actually repelled a corpse because my body is simply not fit for such a journey."

He continued, "I really want to give it a try, to experience how to repel a corpse... I really want to take that trip."

Hua Li turned around, "You can do it."

Liao Si chuckled twice, looking around curiously, "Hey, where's Teng Bi?"

Ge Wuchen said, "He went to deliver something for the master."

In the computer, the next round of the game had already begun.

Jiang Luo played a few rounds with them, and the three of them tossed the controllers back to the table to continue making dumplings.

Making dumplings also depended on talent. In a short time, Ye Xun and Wen Renlian's dumplings were both beautiful and plump, enough to be considered the standard. Others struggled, with dumplings either having too much filling or ending up shriveled. After reaching the required quantity, everyone was sweating.

While cooking, Jiang Luo only allowed the agile ones to help, refusing entry to others into the kitchen.

Inside the kitchen, Seylor obediently handed the chopped green onions to Jiang Luo. Seeing Jiang Luo taking them, he whispered to Jiang Luo's ear, "Jiang, do you know Black Impermanence?"