Chapter 121

Upon hearing this, Jiang Luo was somewhat surprised. He scrutinized Chi You from head to toe, then a smirk played on his lips.

"You can't be..."

Before he could finish the sentence, the black-haired youth deliberately stopped him, swallowing the words. Chi You calmly asked, "What?"

Jiang Luo smiled mysteriously, teasingly glancing at Chi You. He turned around and said, "I don't need it, after all, I don't need to meet the elders."

Chi You remained composed, "Alright."

But when his peripheral vision glanced over Jiang Luo's neck, there was a subtle disappointment.

Not that he realized something or understood. It was an instinct driving him, making Chi You want to return this tingling and peculiar sensation. He left a hint of red on Jiang Luo's neck.

After all, reciprocity, isn't it?

Initially, Jiang Luo was indifferent to such matters, not bothering to respond to those with peculiar thoughts about him. However, after the incident where Chi You's desire surfaced through the mirror, he became sensitive to Chi You's emotional shifts.

Heaven...

Could the younger Chi You have such thoughts about him now?

With familiarity, the initial anger and disgust that Jiang Luo couldn't believe turned into a strangely complex mood.

Playfulness took the lead, a subtle satisfaction and the pleasure of crushing the demon's desires underfoot prevailed. Unexpectedly, regardless of the time period or the posthumous transformation of Chi You, both fell for Jiang Luo.

This intricate master of the Chi family, a powerful and enigmatic demon, hypocritical and cold, ruling with desire and suspicion, often played others in the palm of his hand. He had countless followers, but repeatedly stumbled over Jiang Luo.

This made Jiang Luo elated, experiencing a feeling of controlling the demon.

When he first arrived in this world, Chi You wanted to kill him, and now?

Heh.

Jiang Luo's smile persisted; he glanced at Chi You behind him, sighing with narrowed eyes.

Now, he was eager to find an opportunity to validate his suspicions. If everything was true, once out of the mirrored world, Jiang Luo would have more reasons to mock Chi You.

Just imagine, and Jiang Luo felt joyous. He maintained a pleased mood all the way back to the Chi family.

Under the old tree inside the Chi family gate, two people anxiously awaited Jiang Luo's return.

Qin Yun paced, her hands tightly clenched, the crimson nail polish chipped irregularly. Her trembling voice betrayed fear, "Why hasn't Jiang Luo returned yet? It's getting dark... What do we do?!"

Waiting with her was Lian Xue, lips pressed together, occasionally casting worried glances toward the mansion gate, maintaining a façade of restrained impatience.

Slightly more composed, she reassured, "It's okay; they will come back. It should be soon."

Qin Yun abruptly stopped, gazing at the willow tree, sweat forming on her forehead, a vacant and anxious expression. "Lian Xue, Duanzi is dead! How could he die so horribly? It's over... the demon must have targeted us. He knew we were here to kill him, so he struck first. After Duanzi's death, it's our turn - Du Ge, Li Xiao, and me... You and Jiang Luo are familiar; we're not the same. Jiang Luo is so powerful, but we're just ordinary people. If Jiang Luo doesn't care about us, someone among us might die tonight—Lian Xue, I really don't want to die, I'm still so young..."