Chapter 131

Chi Tian kissed the woman several times, receiving no reaction. Unfazed, his hand reached her thigh, encountering a wet sensation. Perplexed, he withdrew his hand, murmuring, "Did she just take a bath?"

However, the lingering dampness puzzled him. Unconcerned, he continued, but the water flowing from the woman increased, saturating the sheets with a humanoid shape.

Chi Tian felt something amiss.

The woman's legs were icy, and upon pinching them, deep purple bruises swiftly appeared.

Deep purple...

Only a dead person would display such marks!

Chi Tian grew uneasy. Yet, she was a woman his mother brought; he reassured himself but lost interest. As Chi Tian attempted to rise from the woman, he noticed her hands on either side.

Crimson nail polish pierced his eyes like blood.

Chi Tian's face changed abruptly. He stiffly raised his head, removing the woman's face-covering hat, revealing a beautiful face.

The face seemed familiar, vaguely remembered from last night in the dark – the maid he accidentally killed!

Recognizing her, Chi Tian's face turned pale. The woman, now identified, revealed a sinister smile. She rose, gripping Chi Tian's neck, pressing him against the wall. Her hands elongated, lifting Chi Tian off the bed, suspending him in mid-air.

Suffocation turned Chi Tian's face green. Desperate, he spat blood on the woman, forcing her back with a malevolent glare. Chi Tian crashed to the floor, trembling, hastily escaping the room.

The vengeful spirit pursued him. Panicking, Chi Tian encountered his mother ahead. Cursing his luck, he ran past her, dragging her along. Witnessing the pursuing ghost, his mother exclaimed, "She, she's—"

Chi Tian glared, signaling her to stay quiet.

Together they fled, but Chi Tian slipped at a turn, causing both to tumble into a corner. Mother and son embraced, terrified, as the vengeful spirit approached.

Chi Tian's gaze flickered to his mother's face, contemplating the option of sacrificing her for his escape – a retreat he had taken five years ago when danger lurked. 

Wait.

He had already caused his mother's demise five years ago.

Stiffening, Chi Tian turned to his quivering mother, who transformed from a gentle smile to a decaying corpse. Fleshy chunks fell from her face onto Chi Tian's hands. "My son, do you plan to betray me again?" she asked with a rotting visage.

Chi Tian, trembling, released his mother, sprinting down another path, terror-stricken, his body drenched in fear and the stench of impending doom.

The pursuing female ghosts multiplied, leaving Chi Tian terrified. Panicking and sobbing, he noticed a police officer urgently waving ahead. "Come quickly, it's not safe in the station. We need to get out!"

Chi Tian rushed to the officer, feeling like he found a lifeline. The officer, holding keys, led him towards the exit. The once noisy corridors fell silent. Suddenly, the officer said, "Let me tell you a story."

Chi Tian wasn't interested, but the eerie quiet compelled him to listen. The officer narrated a short ghost story, leaving Chi Tian trembling with cold sweat, regretting not stopping the tale.

The ghost story was too horrifying; the protagonist describing gruesome deaths made Chi Tian shiver. As they reached the main gate, Chi Tian, the first to escape, froze.