Chapter 158

A corpse of Bai Yefeng under the bed? Then who was in the bathroom taking a shower?

...

Jiang Luo's temples pulsed with pain and stimulation. He took a deep breath, about to bend down and check the corpse under the bed. However, the bathroom door opened, and Bai Yefeng walked out, looking puzzled, "Wife, what are you doing standing here?"

Jiang Luo paused, turning to look at him.

Bai Yefeng was the genius renowned in the national competition, known in the metaphysical world along with Qiyue. He was the first puppet controlled by Chi You, discovered by Jiang Luo. Regardless of whether he was human or a ghost now, he currently didn't seem to harbor any murderous intent toward Jiang Luo. Since he wanted to pretend to live peacefully with Jiang Luo, it was best not to expose him.

However, in this dream world, death wouldn't be permanent. With no limit to the survival instinct, Jiang Luo had the urge to test Bai Yefeng. But in order to understand why Chi You pulled him into this dream, he reluctantly gave up the idea of exposing Bai Yefeng.

"Nothing," Jiang Luo smiled, picking up another towel. "I'm also going to take a shower. By the way, Yefeng, is there anything in the bathroom?"

Bai Yefeng reassured him, "There's nothing inside; don't worry. If anything happens, just shout, and I'll immediately rush in to save you."

Jiang Luo observed the bathroom door for a moment to ensure there was nothing unusual before walking in.

The toilet's drainage worked quite efficiently, mist clouding the cracked mirror in the small room. The air was a bit thin, and the floor was still damp. The faint smell of cheap shampoo lingered; it was the complimentary bath product from the small hotel. Jiang Luo brought both his and Bai Yefeng's phones in. He played a song on Bai Yefeng's phone and then browsed a forum, reading a few ghost encounter stories. Afterward, he opened his own phone to find the group messages constantly flashing. The people in the group had already started chatting.

Jiang Luo scrolled to the top of the messages and found the first sentence from Zhuo Zhongqiu's exclamation.

【I never thought I could dream of this group. My love for you all runs deep.】

One stone stirred a thousand waves. The remaining people quickly responded:

【Dreaming? I'm also dreaming. This dream seems quite real; I even peeled oranges, and they're still on the coffee table. How did I suddenly fall asleep?】

【You're all dreaming too? That's a coincidence; I'm also dreaming...】

By the time Jiang Luo finished reading the messages, the conversation had progressed from mutual suspicion to the stage of exposing each other's embarrassing secrets in order to verify their authenticity. The screen was filled with dark history, and Jiang Luo casually took screenshots of these for amusement. Finally, he understood that the people in this group were all real individuals who happened to fall asleep and enter this dream.

Jiang Luo thought this was something Chi You could orchestrate.

After scolding Chi You on behalf of his companions, he joined the conversation: 【Are you all staying in small hotels?】

After chatting for a while, Jiang Luo learned about their situations. Except for Lu Youyi and him staying in the same small hotel, the others were scattered in various locations. Everyone, except for Seylor, had experienced terrifying events.

The group teased Seylor about his good luck, but Seylor himself was a bit bewildered. Only Jiang Luo knew that Seylor was White Impertinence , and ordinary ghosts wouldn't dare to challenge White Impertinence .