Chapter 189

Chapter 189

Yeo-myeong looked utterly confused. His mouth hung agape like it was silently screaming, 'Why is he here?'.

He then pulled out something from his inventory.

Hummm...

He had pulled out a small statue, one that Seol also possessed.

- It's an item that allows us to know where each other is. It's because... I probably won't be staying in Kongory anymore, hyung.

Seol pulled out the same statue and showed it to Yeo-myeong.

Hummm...

The two statues turned to face each other and began to vibrate more. Yeo-myeong, seeing that, gave a big smile.

"Hyung!"

"Someone... you know?"

"Y-Yeah."

Seol glanced at the individuals around Yeo-myeong before asking him a question.

"What's going on?" asked Seol.

"Well... it looks like I'm now entangled with some dirty bastards..."

"Do you... need help?"

Seol had recently made a commitment to look around him and help those his hands could reach.

In truth, his former self might have just brushed off Yeo-myeong and said something like, "I see. Good luck."

Even so, Seol wasn't helping Yeo-myeong purely out of goodwill.

'His use will come soon.'

Seol needed Yeo-myeong, someone who possessed the Haunted Hand. It was for those exact reasons Seol had kept an eye on him since their first meeting.

And now, Seol would probably require his assistance soon.

But regardless of all that, Yeo-myeong's answer was incredible.

"I'm alright."

"Huh?"

Seol blinked a couple times before looking at Yeo-myeong again like he couldn't believe it.

Pleased that he had surprised Seol, Yeo-myeong let out a bright laugh before explaining his rationale.

- I didn't become strong to save people who do nothing while they wait to be saved by others. Save yourself, Yeo-myeong.

"You taught me then. I need to save myself."

Seol shrugged in response, causing Yeo-myeong to turn back around to the other man.

"You've gone back on our earlier arrangements. I've completed Marcelo's request. All I'm asking for is my fair payment."

"And I'm telling you, this is what Marcelo wants, alright? Why? Are you that upset that we fooled you?"

"Then I should just go figure things out with Marcelo instead."

"Hah? And how do you plan to meet Marcelo? If you want to see him, you'll have to get a lot closer to us, yeah?"

The foreigner then continued to mock Yeo-myeong with rude gestures, displaying such talent that even Seol began feeling upset.

"Then why don't we get closer now?" answered Yeo-myeong.

Grab.

Yeo-myeong placed his hand on the sword at his waist. Even though it was still in its scabbard, Seol could feel its ominous energy.