Chapter 12 - Poppin' Cherries

Chapter 12

Poppin' Cherries

•Ethan's POV•

I felt paranoid. I kept looking over my shoulder, slowly inspecting each of my classmate's expressions. Did they know? Could they tell? Math was bad enough with Jakes' constant chuckling beside me. He was continually making innuendos about what unmentionable event occurred during recess and ever since I've had a consistent, bright red blush heating my face.

Jake said I looked like an innocent little boy who just realized what a penis was for. Now he has a yellow bruise on his forearm.

"Are you alright?" Riley asked from behind me. She sounded like she was genuinely concerned.

I turned to meet Riley's worrying eyes with mine. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you, Riley," I say. That's the first thing I have ever said to her.

As for America? Yeah, she was having none of this charade-bullshit. She knew exactly what was up. You could tell by that stupid little smug smirk she has had on her face all period. Same goes for Jake. He finds it absolutely hilarious how I'm reacting. And if he doesn't soon wipe that stupid smirk off his face, he'll have a matching bruise on the opposite arm.

He also calls my threats "petty" and "cute". Yeah, no, I am not cute. I am anything but cute.

The bell rang, signaling the end of biology, and the beginning of lunch. Great, I bet everyone will be asking where we were. But hopefully not. Yeah, please, don't. I crack under pressure, and I make things really awkward like that. And bluntly obvious.

I hurriedly packed my stuff in my bag and threw it over a shoulder. I decided I'd stick with my friends and wait for them to pack up. I didn't want to make things too obvious. They all took their time packing their belongings up, the rest of class already out of the room, including the teacher.

America makes her way for the door first and I follow loosely behind her. But I come to an abrupt stop when she closes the door and locks it instead of leaving the room. I frown in confusion at her.

America crosses her arms. "Okay, what's up?" I hear Jake chuckle behind me. Smug little bitch. I turn and glare at him quickly before turning back to face America. "Why are you acting like a lost puppy and why is he acting like a complete idiot that won't stop making sexual jokes?"

But I can tell by the smirk on her face that she already has a pretty good clue at what is going on.

America walks past me and jumps up onto one of the lab tables, crossing her feet at her ankles. I turn, analyzing each of their faces. Jake still has the fucking smirk on, America is trying to smile innocently, and Riley is just as wide-eyed as me, and actually looked innocent.

I watch Jake extra carefully. Will he spill? But I can't help but notice his hazel eyes glinting with light, the same eyes that were staring up at me as he ran his mouth-

"Fine, no one answer me," America says, a hint of slight annoyance in her voice. "At least I won't have to beat it out of you-" she pauses "- because I already know what's up."

She turns to me then, a devilish grin upon her face. Oh shit.

"You popped his cherry," America said, deliberately spacing and drawing out each word.

Jake burst into hysteria while I shook my head violently. Riley seemed to have only just caught on to what was happening, and had somewhat of a horrid look on her face. America was grinning from ear-to-ear. 

----------

Thank you all for reading this. 

(I'm sorry this chapter was really short, I just wanted to give you guys an update!)