Chapter 23 - Naked Facetiming

Chapter 23

Naked Facetiming

•Ethan's POV•

The alarm woke me up, or what I thought was the alarm. I realised it wasn't the alarm after it seemed to snooze by itself, and then continue a few moments later.

I stretched my arms out of the covers, yawning, and then reaching for my phone on the bedside table. The brightness at first stunned my eyes, but once they adjusted a little, I realised it was actually America facetiming me.

I accepted the call.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," America said cheerfully. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't missed America's colourfulness in the few days we've been up here. Mom and Zoe both said their "good morning's" in the background.

I groaned "morning" in response, probably barely even coherent.

America was in the foreground of the screen, with Zoe beside her, and Mom standing in the background. It was then that I realised that America was actually in my house.

America seemed to have noticed my frown, because she said, "I decided to come for a sleepover to keep the family entertained while you were gone." It was probably more to keep America entertained, rather than my family, but the notion warmed my heart nonetheless.

"Where's Jake at anyway?" She asked.

The sheets ruffled and the mattress shifted slightly as Jake appeared behind me in the screen. "I'm here," he said huskily, his eyes barely open. I welcomed the feeling of his warm body pressed against me. He rested a hand on my shoulder, and his chin atop his hand.

"Two shirtless hotties in a hotel bed together," America said, nudging Zoe jokingly. Zoe blushed, and America chuckled.

"Oh, by the way Jake," America said, a hint of mischief lacing her voice, "I'm Zoe's new favourite now," she said with immense pride.

Zoe hushed America, as if it was meant to be their little secret. This only confirmed what America had said.

Jake mocked offense. "Seriously, Zoe? After all I've done for you?"

"America brought candy with her for our sleepover," was all she said.

"I'm hurt," Jake said, dramatically clutching his chest. "How could you." Zoe seemed lost for words, so Jake added, "if we have a sleepover and I bring candy AND ice-cream, will I be your favourite again?"

Zoe hesitantly nodded, a grin making its way onto her face.

"Don't you dare, Jake Sullivan," America said. "You know I'll come even if I'm not invited, and I don't want to be known as a Sleepover Crasher."

Jake just stuck his tongue out at America and then said to Zoe, "when we get back we'll have that sleepover." Zoe nodded enthusiastically, a smile on her face.

America dismissed it and said, "so, when do you guys go to the wedding?"

"In about –" Jake paused, obviously checking the time on my phone. "OH GOD." He jumped out of bed quickly, walking around the opposite side, pacing for his clothes or whatever.

I checked the time myself and I'm sure my eyes bulged a little. Jake and I must've fallen asleep while watching the movie in bed last night, before we could obviously set an alarm. "We're meant to be there in less than an hour." None of them were paying attention though, they were watching behind me, where Jake was pacing around in just his red underwear.

America was just tracking him, a grin on her face. Zoe had a bright red blush on her cheeks and had covered her eyes. While Mom just chuckled.

America catcalled then. "Mmmm, what a nice piece of man," she said. She wasn't wrong.

Jake realised then what was happening, and freaked out. He dropped to his feet, crouching behind the bed while watching the screen, blushing. I just laughed. I dropped the phone flat on the bed, so they couldn't see anything, giving Jake time to find what he was looking for.

"I'm just going to shower," he said, quite awkwardly.

"Bye gorgeous," America called. Zoe squeaked a "goodbye" out, and Mom said, "goodbye Jake, we'll talk later."

Jake went into the bath room then, and shortly after the door closed the water started running. I lifted my phone back up.

"We'll call you later tonight then?" I said to them. They all nodded and said they're goodbyes. Mom adding a "have fun" at the end before I ended the facetime.