Wendigo

Two tents are set up near a fire ring. Crickets chirp. Inside one tent, two YOUNG MEN, BRAD and GARY, are playing head-to-head handheld video games.

BRAD
Dude, you're cheating.

GARY
No, you just suck.

Something growls outside. In the other tent, a third YOUNG MAN, TOM COLLINS, records a video message on his cell phone.

TOM
Hey Haley, day six, we're still out near Blackwater Ridge.

Something dark flicks behind the tent wall behind TOM, too fast to be identifiable as more than 'something dark'; the screen on TOM's phone, displaying the video as TOM records it, caught it.

TOM
We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow.

TOM stops recording and sends the message.

BRAD closes his game system and tosses it aside. GARY stares at his system for a moment, then turns to look at BRAD, who is getting up and unzipping the tent.

GARY
Hey, where ya goin'? My moment of victory.

BRAD
"Nature calls." he goes outside and zips up the tent behind him. He goes to stand against the tree to relieve himself. The fire crackles. Something snaps a stick. BRAD looks towards the sound and sees the trees rustling. BRAD shakes his head and returns his attention downward, then looks up sharply. Something growls.

Inside TOM's tent, TOM, who is reading Joseph Campbell's The Hero With A Thousand Faces, hears BRAD scream. Inside GARY's tent, GARY hears the same and rolls over.

GARY
Brad?

TOM sits up.

TOM
Gary, what's goin' on?

GARY opens the tent and sticks his head out to look around. He sees nothing. Growling. He looks up. Something pulls GARY out of the tent. He screams.

TOM turns out the lantern he had on. Shadows move very quickly around the outside of TOM's tent, TOM looks around, his eyes following the shadows and growling. Silence falls. Something slashes open TOM's tent. TOM screams.

The Boys and Lydia were Driving in the Impalla towards Grand Junction and Lydia was watching her uncle fidgitting in the front seat.

LYDIA
Daddy is Uncle Sammy dreaming because the bad thing killed that Jessica woman and we didn't kill it?

DEAN
yeah honey it's really eat'n  him up.

LYDIA
"Daddy am I gonna have bad dreams about the bad thing too?" she questioned

DEAN
"No, honey your not going to have bad dreams about this bad thing, it's just bothering Uncle Sammy more because he loved her so much, and he's not sure how to be brave right now, but your brave just like mommy asked you to be right?" He said

*********SAM'S DREAM************

Birds chirp. SAM, wearing a suit and tie and carrying a bouquet of various flowers excluding roses, walks through an otherwise deserted cemetery.

SAM sighs and stops next to a gravestone. It reads "JESSICA LEE MOORE", "Beloved Daughter", "January 24th 1984 – November 2nd 2005". There is a small picture of a grinning JESS set into the stone above her name, a black-and-white picture of her leaning against the stone between a white teddy bear and a wooden box with a crucifix leaning on the picture, a small American flag next to the box, and three candles standing on the gravestone; one is of the Virgin de Guadalupe.

SAM looks between the gravestone and the flowers.

SAM
I, uh...

SAM laughs.