ROUTE 666

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MISSOURI

A car moves down the road, the radio jockey was talking about the unseasonably cold weather. A black man was sitting behind the wheel. The starts to radio crackle then it dies. just then a large black truck approaches behind the Black man's car, it was moving quickly. The man looked in his review mirror.

MAN: "What the....?"

(The vehicles raced along the road until the truck blackened the sedan once, and then again. The radio came back to life, talking about politics. The truck was suddenly gone. The man continued driving, watching his review mirror. Suddenly bright headlights shone through his windshield. The truck was waiting. The man skidded to a halt, he backed up and turned to go the other way. The truck was revving. He was backended again the man fought to control his car as it was swerving on the icy road. He was backended one last time then loses control, the car left the road and crashed through a cemetary. The car flipped, bounced, and skidded to a halt. The truck cruised to a stop, it revs a few times, then backs up and disappears into thin air.

The guys and Lydia were stopped at a gas station, for a fill up and a bathroom break for Lydia, Sam was looking at the map that he had laid out on top of the car, DEAN had his phone to his ear, Lydia was just coming from around the back of the Gas Station where the restrooms were located.

Sam: "Ok. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought."

(Dean Lowered his phone and turned to Sam looking thoughtful)

Dean: "Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania."

Lydia: "Why?"

Sam: "We what?

DEAN: "I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing."

Sam: "What?

Dean: "Yeah. Believe me, she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us."

Lydia's eye's widened in realization she whipped her head to dean and he nodded at her mental question, he knew she knew who he was talking about, she then scrambled in the backseat and buckled herself in; and Dean followed her into the Impala.)

Dean: "Come on, are you coming or not?"

(The Impala cruised down the road, their were fields on one side, a lake on the other.)

Sam: "By old friend you mean...?"

Lydia: "A friend that's not new."

(Lydia Snickered, as Dean Glared teasingly at her in the rear view mirror, and she stuck her tongue at him back as he rolled his eye's and concentrated on driving.)

Sam: "Oh yeah, thanks. So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her."

(he said to Dean.)

Dean: "Didn't I?"

(there was a long pause, Sam was looking at Dean expectantly.)

Dean: "Yeah, we went out."

Sam: "You mean you dated somebody? For more than one night."

Dean: "Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad, Lydia and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks."

Lydia: "she was.. what did you call her Daddy? Spicy...?"

(Sam whipped his head toward the Backseat where Lydia was Sitting Behind Sam raising his eyebrows incredulously at her word use, she looked back at him smiling and shrugged; he turned back to face Dean.)