4 | cocoa eyes

[day 3]

•••

for the time being, song jiwon and kim taehyung will be living with the song household. searching for a new home to move in isn't easy.

the night has arrived and it has already been three days. three days. twelve more days more to go. haewon was worried but had a bowl of popcorn in her arm and body slumped back on the cozy couch. she watched 13 reasons why whilst munching on her popcorn loudly. haewon didn't watch the movie because she liked it, it was because dylan minnette starred in the show.

"he is such a hottie." haewon irrelevantly thought and continued munching.

haewon's parents were out for tonight to visit a close friend who had just moved in to the neighbourhood. coincidentally, jiwon was also not at home. a party to attend she said. haewon was left alone with jiwon's fiance, kim taehyung, in the house.

taking another advantage again, haewon stole glances at taehyung who was in the kitchen. she didn't know what kind of moves she should do and she was too lazy to leave the netflix show on TV.

"why didn't you go to the party with jiwon?" haewon suddenly mouthed but she was curious.

kim taehyung trotted down the living room and had two cups in his hands. he flashed an unknown smile, walking towards haewon. "well, your feet are still not healed. if something were to happen to you, I will be worried." he handed one of the cup to haewon.

haewon's gazes dropped down at the steaming hot cocoa with whipped cream on the surface. it looked like clouds.

"after all, you are jiwon's little sister. anything that your sister loves, I will love them too." taehyung ruffled haewon's hair. "and that includes you."

haewon was happy and sad at the same time. she didn't know she could harbour such feelings at the same time. her eyes downcast and stared at her own reflection on the surface of the hot cocoa.

kim taehyung scooted over beside haewon and sipped from his cup. haewon's eyes won't stop staring at taehyung's hand that was holding the cup. how beautiful. he was sculpted with great love and patience - she thought.

"you are important to me too," haewon spoke and paused briefly, "because you're my sister's fiance." she lied and felt the hot cocoa in her stomach burning.

but taehyung smiled. those pure smiles that he always flashes at his dear ones. but the smiles he always gives to jiwon are different, haewon knows that. his smiles are brighter than day and stars when he sees jiwon.

his eyes were like warm cocoa that tastes good on cold nights. that was what it seemed like to haewon. haewon liked kim taehyung's pure smiles and cocoa eyes.

"your eyes looks like this hot cocoa." haewon muttered softly and didn't expected taehyung to heard her.

he turned his head to look at her face. "really?" his eyes softened and his lips curled into a grin. his eyes turned brighter than before.

the pair of cocoa eyes brightened, probably because the whipping cream melted in them. haewon can't stop staring. she was enchanted. she wanted to drown in them. she wanted to get lost in them and swims in them forever.

but haewon didn't realised, she was already drowning in them.

"yeah, really."