10 | his confession

[day 6]

•••

haewon wished a hole would suck her in. just damn suck me in. tears were threatening to fall down her eyes and she looked away. she knows herself that being mad at a couple doing normal thing is weird but she couldn't stop being whatever she was at the moment.

"sorry, I'm late, haewon." a voice shattered the intimidating surroundings.

haewon looked up to see park jimin, his breathing was in disarray and his chest moved up and down. there were beads of sweats trickling down his forehead - haewon wondered where he had went to. I'm glad he's here though.

"where have you been?" haewon immediately stood up from the seat and walked closer to jimin.

haewon felt safe. her heart was not beating loudly anymore and she had calmed down a little.

then, jimin also moved closer to haewon, inching his face closer to haewon's ear, his breaths lingering as he whispers, "hug me. he hurt your feelings right now, right?"

haewon's eyes widened at his words. how did he know that? park jimin will always know what haewon feels. even when her expression reads nothing. because her eyes are always telling stories to park jimin, he's the only one who could look through her windows.

"fine."

haewon pressed her hands against his chest and pulled her body closer to his. her lips were slightly brushing against his collarbones but she didn't felt weird inside. haewon felt jimin's hands securing itself around her petite body.

haewon didn't know what the hug was for but she clearly knows she needs it.

"let's go home, song haewon." he whispered.

it doesn't suits him. she really thought it doesn't suit him. because he always says things loudly, do things harshly. she never feels the gentle side of him, even though it might be just an act as a fake boyfriend.

"i'm sorry, jiwon. we're going first." haewon said to jiwon who was still confused.

haewon managed to somehow took a glance at taehyung's face and saw an unreadable expression on his face. was he jealous? was he not? silly me. why would he . . .

just like that, haewon and park jimin left the place. the double date didn't really went as it was planned and moreover, haewon didn't expected jimin to confess.

"song haewon, I know this might sounds like a lie to you and a little bit disgusting but -"

"i like you, haewon. this asshole likes you."

how would anyone had reacted if they were suddenly confessed by someone who puts ink in their milk, put snakes in their bag and traumatised them. haewon didn't know how to feel. she wasn't happy nor sad. she was just, confused.

"park jimin, there is boundary on how much you can make a joke." haewon sweated.

jimin's pair of determined eyes bored into hers and she knew he wasn't joking. "you know I'm not joking, haewon."

"and I just need you to give me a yes or no. if yes, I will hold your hand right this instant, if no, then I'll . . . not give up." jimin's words were only filled sincerity.

park jimin who only knows how to hurt haewon and spouts lies. haewon doesn't want to pick his yes or no. in the first place, haewon never sees jimin in such ways. he could also be lying and waiting to burst into laughter. that is just how much song haewon can't trust park jimin.

"i'm - i... I don't know.." haewon vaguely answered.

that's when song haewon saw how hurt park jimin looked. his eyes crinkled a bit and his lips slightly tugging down.

haewon could see kim taehyung in his eyes. his eyes that flashed pain behind them, were exactly like taehyung's. her heart fell to her stomach just by imagining taehyung's face.

"if I... if I say yes, would you not make that expression anymore?"

"so will it be a yes?"

haewon looked up at jimin who had a spark of hope glistening in his dark brown eyes. park jimin reminded haewon of an enthusiastic child. at that moment, she already know her answer.

"yes."