16 | the truth

[day 14]

•••

he was silenced. like a dead person. he didn't respond to her touch. to the kiss. his soft eyes stared at the closed eyes, her lips delved deep for his affection yet didn't gain a thing. she was skeptical about it - that he really didn't bore any feelings for her the entire time.

their lips pulled apart, her breath taunted the air. while he never even budged, she panicked inside. his eyes flashed no sort of emotions, but his face glowed ominously.

"i know." taehyung's luscious red lips agape as he spoke. "i know that you like me. it was easy to read you."

if anyone was in her place, how would they react? haewon, she froze into ice. her eyes followed taehyung's. a small smile curved on his lips and confusion striked her. "it was easy, like a transparent wall." he said, again. "and . . . daring. you knew this sort of action is a taboo yet you still did it. i was testing you." she couldn't swallow a word he spouted, as if they were foreign to her. "but I will admit something."

his eyes glimmered even in dim light, warm caramel whirled in his eyes. "i did liked you a little." he chortled, baby wrinkles adorned his eyes.

he stood up from the floor, leaving the frozen haewon on the floor stared into space. she thought her heart stopped pumping, she thought her lungs had no more oxygen.

"haewon. you should find someone else, that is better than me. that can hold your hand everyday, smile at you everyday, look at you everyday and stay by your side everyday."

his words kept chiming in her ears like an echo through a hall. but she realised something. jimin wasn't the only who could read her, but a man named kim taehyung could also see through her glass.

"i lost . . . the bet."

•••

the final chapter will be up soon.