Chapter 24 - Rewrite The Stars

Sorry for the wait. How was your Christmas? Hope you all had a fantastic time.
Enjoy this update!

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find. It's up to you and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be."

Song: Rewrite the stars
Artist: Zac Efron and Zendaya

It's been a week since Harry and I made up. I've met his mom that same evening I decided to go back and she's an amazing woman. So caring and loving.

I still don't know if I made the right choice to work for Harry again, but we'll see how this works out. If work is interfering with our personal lives then I won't hesitate to quit. Harry knows this so I can only hope he doesn't let the two mix because I really do need the money.

Today has been a stressful day. We're still in London trying to figure out who's stealing the companies money. Harry doesn't want to go back home until he has a trace on this person. I've tried my best to help but Harry isn't actually telling me everything, I can feel it.

I worked most of the days at the hotel as I volunteered to watch Haley as well. First Harry said his mother could watch her but the poor women have a life herself. She can't just drop everything because Harry said so. He wasn't very happy at the start but I'm sure he couldn't be more grateful with my help now. Let's just say that Haley misses home and is starting to get very restless.

"Mommy!" Haley screams at the top of her lungs as she runs down the hallway to where I'm seated at the dining table reading through emails. Harry and I came to the mutual agreement to let Haley call me 'mommy' but he'll tell her the story of her real mom when she's old enough to understand. Right now, she needs a stable woman figure in her life.

"Haley, quiet down please," I say still concentrating on the screen before me.

"Look what I did!" She said loudly again. Still not looking at her I only hum and continue to read. "Mummy.." She says quietly again. I only hold up my hand to indicate for her to wait. "Mummy!" She screams at me again.

"Haley!" I snapped looking at the little girl before my eyes went wide. Standing before me she's covered in sharpie pens from head to toe. From flower designs on her arms till little hearts drawn on her feet. "Haley, what did you do?!" I exclaim standing up from my chair and walking over to her.

"I look like daddy now." She replies looking at the designs on her arms.

"No Haley. This is not right. You're being bad. We don't draw on ourselves." I say taking her gently on her arm and walking towards the bathroom.

"But daddy has them." She pouts.

"Daddy didn't draw on himself. He got those in a different way." I say and open the tab for the water to fill the bathtub.

"How?" She asks tilting her head to the side.

I sign looking back to her. "Sweetie, when your older you'll understand. For now, don't draw on yourself, okay?"

She keeps quiet for a while but soon nods her head. "Okay." She replies in a sweet voice. I then help her undress and put her in the lukewarm water.

"Janelle?! Haley?!" I hear Harry's voice shouting from the living room.

"Bathroom!" I shout back beginning to wash Haley. Soon Harry appears in the doorway of the bathroom looking good in his black suit and a white button-up shirt. Oh, what am I kidding? He looks good all the time.

"What's going on here?" He asks folding his arms over his chest and looking at us with a small smirk on his face. I'm sitting on my knees in front of the bath busy washing his daughter.