John Shelby - My One True Love

"Hey John, I'm so sorry I was late, I had to try and convince the boys to actually go to school instead of hanging out with their uncle Arthur" You laughed lightly and fiddled with the wedding ring on your finger.

"Joe and Luke are so much bigger now and all they want to do is play. They're driving me up the wall. They keep asking when you're coming home" you sighed and looked up at the sky momentarily before returning your gaze back to your rings.

"Charlie is bigger as well, the light of Tommy's life. It it wasn't for little Charlie then I don't know how much Tommy could have taken before giving up. I don't know how much more I can take before giving up" a silent tear fell onto your hand but you continued to fiddle with your rings.

"I'm doing the best I can for the boys but I need you by my side John. I've forgotten how to survive without you and I can't do it anymore John." More tears fell as you studied the words written on the gravestone.

Here lies John Michael Shelby
Devoted brother,husband and father
May your soul rest in peace from now on

"I'm so sorry John, if only I hadn't stopped you from going with Michael then you'd still be here now. You said you'd always be by my side and we were gonna grow old together but because of me you can't be here and I'm sorry John"

You stood up and kissed your fingers, placing them on top of the gravestone "I'll come back tomorrow my love and I hope you're watching your boys grow from wherever you are"

~~~~~~
I know this is only a short one but I thought I'd update and I know Johns body was burnt but he's been buried for the sake of this imagine. ✨🌹