Tommy Shelby - Protector

*REQUESTED BY @AnneMarieAda *
Two peas in a pod. Partners in crime. The only person to ever know Thomas Shelby for who he was on the inside. Since the first day that Tommy laid eyes on you,he vowed that he would protect you and shelter from the bad of the world. No matter what it cost. You were the youngest Shelby and one of the loudest,the boys all loved you and even though you were all close with each other,it was always you and Tommy that seemed to have a more profound bond with each other.

Whether it was walking to school or going to Charlie's yard or helping curly groom the horses,Tommy was right next to your side or not far behind you. Ever since the boys came back from war,Tommy had been a lot more protective of you. He also became more cold and closed off and no matter how hard you tried to get him to open up,he'd just smile and say he was fine.

"Hey Tommy" you called as you walked into the stables.

"Hey Y/N,you okay?" He turned to give you a quick hug before returning to brush the mane on the horse.

"I'm fine but it's you I'm worried about" you crossed your arms and watched as Tommy's muscles tensed,his head dropped as he turned to face you.

"But I'm fine,there's nothing wrong" you sighed and dragged Tommy over towards the opening of the stables,you pointed towards Curly and Charlie.

"They're worried about you as well Tom. I know you don't like to open up anymore but please,tell me what's going on" Tommy sighed and pulled out a cigarette,lighting it and taking a drag,he gave you a quick glance.

"I've done some bad things,Y/N. I've done some really bad things and they won't leave my brain. They're stuck there. Permanently. I never told you about what I saw because I don't want you to think any differently of me or be ashamed of me" Tommy quickly wiped away tear,hoping you didn't see but the action just made your heart hurt.

"Nothing is ever gonna change the way I think of you. Do you remember the little 8 year old me that cried and begged you not to go to war? I still love you and look up to you now just as much as I did then,possibly more. You fought for our King,Tommy and that makes me so proud to be your little sister." You wrapped your arms around his shoulders as he reciprocated the action.

"Please,talk to me next time" Tommy nodded and looked at you smiling,you were then able to see the tear that had managed to escape his eyes.

"I knew you were still a big softie" you bumped his shoulder with yours, a big grin on your face as you Saw him let out a laugh before turning away and taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Fuck off" he joked,ruffling your hair.

I'm sorry that this request took so long but I hope you like it! If anybody has any more requests then please comment or message me!