Tommy Shelby - Always

"Tom? Tommy where are you?" You spun around on your heels to see if you could spot your boyfriend anywhere but he was nowhere in sight. He always did this and you were always worried about him. You knew what kind of stuff him and his brothers did and you knew how dangerous it could be but you loved him too much to ever leave him.

"Y/N I'm here,I'm okay" your head snapped round,your body following it, to see Tommy running over to you. You let out a breath that you didn't know you were holding. When he got in reach of you, you punched his shoulder making him since in pain.

"Don't do that to me Tommy"

Tommy chuckled lowly and rubbed his arm. "I'm sorry, Finn wanted to know where John was. You know I'll always find you, no matter where I am or what happens"

You nodded and walked into Tommy's outstretched arms and hugged him tightly. When you pulled away, Tommy snakes his arm around your waist and proceeded to walk you back home.

The streets of small heath, Birmingham were very tense. Word had got round about the war. Mothers,daughters,sisters,wives and girlfriends were all worried and scared that when their men went off to war they might never come back. You were no exception.

For months you had begged Tommy not to sign up and when he did you still begged him not to go.

"Tommy, listen to me,please" you begged your boyfriend. He was getting ready to leave for the train station along with his brothers. He didn't want you to send them off because he knew it would only make you worse.

"No Y/N, we've spoke about this. They need me"

"I fucking need you Tommy" you sank into a chair and broke down into sobs. Tommy immediately dropped all of his stuff and rushed over to you. He wrapped you in a hug and stroked your hair.

"Sweetheart,I've told you that I'm going to come home. I always will no matter what. I promise"

You shook your head and pushed Tommy away from you.

"Don't you dare say that. Don't you dare promise me that you are going to come home because you can't fucking promise something like that Tommy! What if you get killed out there" you refused to look Tommy in the eye and for the first time in 6 months he had realised why you were so scared. How could he not have realised?

"Y/N, I promise you that no matter what happens I'll always find my way home to you" and with that he gave you one last hug and one last kiss before he walked out of the front door.

The war lasted for 4 long years. For the first two years you didn't receive any letters or anything off of him or the boys and in the back of your mind you tried not to think the worst. He wasn't dead. He couldn't be. He promised.

For the next two years until the war ended you tried to deal with the fact that tommy could have died. It was difficult for you and you cried yourself to sleep most nights.

One morning, you had slept in pretty late. You had woke up to a cup of tea on your desk, you didn't really question it because you thought it was Polly or Finn leaving it for you. You washed up and headed downstairs drinking your tea. The house was abnormally quiet.

As you got closer to the kitchen you could smell the fresh aroma of toast,filling the air and as you walked into the room there was Tommy. Sat at the kitchen table,in his army uniform, a plate of toast in front of him and a cigarette in his hand.

"T...Tommy"

Tommy's head snapped up and smile reached his eyes as he stood up. "There you are,I was wondering where you were. How longs it been? Like 4 years?"

Your mouth fell open but you could find no words.

"I told you I'd always find my way home to you"

And that was all it took for you to drop your cup on the floor and run into the arms of Tommy Shelby.

I don't know what I think of this one?🤨
What do you guys think?