Day 358

Day 358. It's almost been a year. A year without him. I still haven't been back to the flat. I can't, I just can't. Too many good memories. Too many reasons to miss him even more than I already do.

I've barely spoken to any of our friends. I couldn't even look at Greg at the funeral, let alone talk to him. Deep down I know it's not really his fault but I can't help but blame him.

It's sad really, my life I mean. No close friends and not much family. The love of my life is dead. That doesn't help either.

I don't really know what to do with myself. Mike keeps telling me to find someone else, fall in love, settle down. But I can't, no one else will live up to his standards. I will never find someone whom I love as much as I love Sherlock Holmes.

That's how I ended up here. Where it happened 358 days ago. I took the small piece of paper out of my pocket and wrote my note.

I would have done what he did but I had no one there to phone. The writing wasn't neat because my hands were shaking but I didn't care. I doubted anyone would care, after all, nobody cares about John Watson.

I stuffed the note into my fist and shuffled as close to the edge as possible. As I stepped off, I could have sworn I saw him run around the corner and scream my name. Maybe I was already in heaven. Maybe I was hallucinating. Either way-

All the people on the streets rushed towards him, surrounding his blood stained body. A woman took his pulse. The muscles in his hand went loose and the note was clearly visible. It read, 'I love you, and you left me. So I'm coming to find you. See you soon, Sherlock - JW'