Chapter 19: Inside the mirror ?

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

[ ]: Stand's names

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd person POV:

Kakyoin and Y/n were still kneeling over Abdul's body, hoping for him to be still alive, somehow...

Kakyoin: 'You... You must only be slightly injured... Just a scratch... Look, you're about to say something...'

Y/n: 'You're going to open your eyes soon, Abdul... Isn't that so ? You're going to get up ? Please, get up ! Abdul !'

But it was pointless, as his body remained motionless on the ground. The reality hit them hard when Kakyoin checked his pulse, and widened his eyes.

Kakyoin: 'It... It can't be... It was too easy. It was too fast...'

Polnareff, on the other hand, was making his way toward Hol Horse, who was slowly getting back on his feet, holding his crotch in intense pain.

Hol Horse: Oh. M... Most life ends very suddenly. Usually you don't even get the chance to say goodbye. Heh heh... Even though everyone knows this.

Y/n: It's hard to take you seriously in this position.

Kakyoin: Polnareff ! Please don't step into their trap again. Don't you understand ? Mr.Abdul already said, "You can't fight alone" and you didn't care.

Y/n: You can't take revenge at the risk of your life !

Polnareff: Then... What do you want me to do ?

Y/n: Abdul was worried, that's why he came after you. Now he's dead. Don't fight if you're not going to win ! Since we don't know how their stands work, we have to retreat !

While we were doing our best to prevent Polnareff from doing something stupid, Hol Horse was cockily teasing him, telling him to come at him.

Hol Horse: Come on, Polpol !!

Polnareff: Abdul was ambushed from behind... My sister... Was killed because she was defenseless. This anger ! You want me to repress it and run away ?!

Y/n: Trust me, I really want to kill him as slowly and painfully as possible...

Kakyoin: But if you are going to die then don't fight ! That's what Abdul was trying to say !

Kakyoin: Walk over here slowly ! We'll get away in that truck over there.

Polnareff was struggling, stuck between his hate for his opponents, and the fact that he knew the right thing to do was to retreat for now.

Polnareff: Son of a bitch !! You're telling me to hold on ? F... Fine, god dammit !!

He was about to follow us, but a voice coming from a window had other plans.

Hanged man: Hu hu, Hey ! Polnareff...

In the window, Hanged man appeared, apparently emerging from one of the puddles.

Hanged man: Polnareff !! Abdul.. Died because of you. It means you owe him. If it weren't for you, he wouldn't be dead. Hu hu hu.

Polnareff frantically turned around, again and again, but like usual, the stand was only visible in the mirror.

Polnareff: Son of a bitch !!! Where is he ?!

Kakyoin: Polnareff !! Calm down !

Hanged man, still from the mirror, approached his own reflection.