Chapter 3

Gianna's POV

I'm in bed watching "What Men Want" and eating snacks. Then all of a sudden my phone started ringing. I picked it up to see it was an "Unknown Number". I didn't answer and continued watching TV. I was about to get up until my phone pinged with a message. I picked it up and looked at the message.

*Text Messages*
Unknown: So you ain't gone pick up the phone
Gianna: Umm....who is this?
Unknown: Winter
Gianna: Umm....who?
Unknown: You gone keep me and Nessa waiting?
Gianna: Ohh my bad!! Lol I forgot
Unknown: I see
Gianna: What's your address?
Unknown: *sends address* Don't keep us waiting long
*End Of Convo*

I shook my head smiling and went to the bathroom to take a shower. As I showed it hit me that I didn't give him my number? I'ma ask him about that later. After taking care of all my needs; I put on my Victoria Secret undergarments. Getting in the mirror, I just brushed my hair and straightened it. My make-up was just mascara and lipgloss. I went with slim mid waist denim jeans and a black spaghetti strap shirt. I paired my outfit up with Nikes and a crossbody purse. I grabbed my phone and keys off the dresser; leaving the house.

*Marcel's House*

I pulled up to this big ass mansion flabbergasted. I wondered if I put in the right address; pulling my phone out double checking. Getting out the car, I walked up to the door and knocked. He came to the door looking good. Yep, right address alright.

"Hi, for a second I thought I had the wrong house or mansion" he chuckled and let me in.

"Nah, this is what working does for you" I looked at him and frowned.

"What? You got 5 to 8 jobs?"

He laughed, but I was serious. Nessa came running downstairs and she looked adorable.

"You're finally here!!!" she stood in front of me smiling.

"Yeah, sorry for taking so long to come to your dinner"

"Actually, daddy told me to pretend like it was my idea. He hasn't had a girlfriend since mommy and him broke up" she whispered and we both looked at him.

"Dinner?"

"About that...daddy can't cook"

"You can't cook?" he shook his head no causing me to laugh.

"How about we all prepare dinner huh?" she nodded and I picked her up as she gave me instructions to get to the kitchen.

Nessa helped me grab the ingredients, but we was missing the pots and pans. I tried reaching it on my tippy toes, but couldn't. He chuckled as I struggled and I groaned in annoyance.

"Help me, please?" he walked behind me grabbing the pot and pan. I grabbed the pan from him going to the stove. Nessa and I prepped the meal and seasoned the meat.

"....Gianna?"

"...Yes?"

"Could you stay, tonight?" I smiled at her putting her on the counter.

"Not today because I have school tomorrow" she looked bummed out and I sigh. "We could have a girl's day if you want. But only if that's okay with daddy?" he smirked looking at me.

"That's only if I tag along, that wouldn't hurt. Would it?" I looked at Nessa and she nodded approvingly.

As I instructed what to do next, I felt him looking at me. I glanced over at him and he looked away. With a small smile I continued what I was doing.

Marcel's POV

Watching her cook is something I could get use to. She looked at me and I looked away playing it off. Nessa's seems to like her in such little time. She said school and I was second guessing about her age. How old is she? We went to the living room and Nessa was watching TV.

"So, you said school. How old are you?"

"18" I nodded and looked at Nessa. "How come when we were at Waffle House, you didn't ask for my name? But at the store you did?"

"You seemed stuck up at first" I glanced over and she looked down.

"Sorry, I came off that way. It's just, I have a boyfriend and he doesn't allow me to have guy friends"

"I respect that" she nodded looking away from me.

*After Dinner*

Nessa went to bed as we watched TV. I looked over at her and a thought crossed my mind.

"What did you see when you first saw me?" I wanted to know since I got a reputation. She must know something about me.

"I took one look at you and seen someone who's not ready to commit"

"That's all?" she smiled nodding and I looked at the TV.

"A question"

"..Ight"

"Three years together, you propose and she says no. How would you feel?" I sigh wondering how would I feel.

"I don't know, I mean three years together and you say no to my proposal. Is there someone else? Because I'm not only asking for a lifetime, but for you to be my wife" she looked down with a guilty expression. It then occurred to me that it was personal for her.

"My boyfriend that I was talking about earlier, he proposed. It was sweet, but I said no after three long years" I frowned wondering why she said no.

"Why?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm not ready for the big step in life. At least let me live it a little bit longer. I just don't wanna get married so early and end up regretting it"

"If you wanna wait, then he needs to respect that. But you should tell him how you feel, so he can understand"  she slowly nodded looking at me.

"Yeah, you're right" I shrugged changing the channel.

"So, why don't you have a girlfriend? Clearly you did if Nessa's here" I kinda seen that one coming.

"Her name is Summer, she was my first love. We was together for 4 years and I messed it all up. She caught me with another woman and I can admit that I fucked up bad. I was thinking with what's in my pants and not my brain. She took me back, but our relationship went downhill every minute we had"

"...Oh"

"Tell me a bit about you that I don't know" she thought about it as I sat back ready to listen.

"Well..I wanna be pediatrician. After graduation I'm moving away to be at Harvard. I'm the only child, I love sports, but I really want my own salon"

"You can get your salon"

"Yeah, after literally working two jobs" I laughed shaking my head.

"If that's what you want, things will happen for you" she smiled and nodded.

"Yeah..that's what I want, so tell me about you" I shrugged.

"My real name is Marcel Lion. My mother died in a coma when I was 6, I only have my grandmother. She raised me and I'm trying to make her proud the best way I can. I have a little sister, Jhené and that's about it" she nodded then looked around the house.

"How do you afford this place, the fancy cars, and all this other stuff? Where do you work?" I bit my lip trying to find the right words.

"I run a club and I run a little business on the side" She stared at me confused.

"What type of business?"

"One that holds a powerful position"

"You're a drug boss?" She blurted with no hesitation and I laughed.

"Something like that, I'm stacking up and making a life for my little girl"

She nodded and we spent the rest of the night watching TV.