burn up.

you always used to tell me that you'd burn up everything i had and that you'd leave me broken.

i always used to deny it because i simply couldn't, or rather i wouldn't dare imagine my life without you in it.

we'd instantly clicked from the moment we met and our friendship only got messier from there.

the line between friend and lover blurred too many times that it made my head spin.

i think that's why everything crumbled the way it did.

we'd depended on each other too much, well at least i depended on you too much.

between the late night conversations and the one too many touches and kisses,

somehow things got twisted in my head and i seemed to make myself believe that, at least for a little while, you'd felt the same way i did.

i'd make an excuse for everything you did simply because i was falling in love with you.

it was like loving a brick wall, it was cold and at times it really hurt.

i never seemed to know where we stood.

eventually, i seemed to have stopped making up excuses for you and i realized how one-sided everything was.

i would give and you would take, and take and take until there was nothing left for me to give.

i seemed to have lost myself within you.

you broke me.

as much as i hate to admit it, you were right.

you burned me up and left me a shell.