11

Shadow's P.O.V.

"Hun," Rouge called me and I looked up, I had a knot in my throat as I kept trying to hold back. My heart was raising, I had not slept for days. I had barely eaten and I was still in the hospital but this time I was with him.

I was in the hospital room. He was in a coma. The doctors told us that there was nothing they could do until he was to wake up but they were not sure how long that would take. They even told us that we should not get our hopes up. That Sonic was too injured but there was still a high chance of him surviving, though that didn't mean much considering Sonics health.

"Hun, you need to go home." She said but I stayed quiet. I was too tired to do anything, I was too tired to stand up but I refused to leave. I refused, I did not care that I was weak, I did not care about my job, I did not care. I really didn't. I just wanted to stay here. "Hun, please. At least get some sleep, you haven't slept in days."

She was worried about me, she even asked me what was wrong countless times since I was never like this. Stuff like this never got to me but this time it did, this time it was killing me and I could not handle it anymore.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to cry so bad, I wanted to yell, to punch something, chaos, I wanted to kill Rosy but that was too late, she was dead already.

"Shadow, he is going to be okay. He has survived a lot of things already. He will wake up in no time, you know how Sonic is always surprising us and shocking us with everything he does, this is that again. He is going to wake up when we least expect it. Please get some rest." She sighed and I slowly nodded. I finally gave in and not because of what she said but because as I looked at him, I remembered.

I remembered all the times this idiot went to bother me, I remembered all the times he did not give up. I remembered everything. All the fights, all the races, all the times we were together, unfortunately, they were all bad memories. But I knew that he was going to wake up.

He always promised he was not going to die before Eggman so he couldn't die now. I know he won't break that promise. I hope he doesn't break that promise.

"I will be back in a couple of hours." She said softly and I nodded then stood up when she left. I moved my chair closer to him and I looked at him.

He looked so...

I blushed lightly realizing what I almost thought about. I didn't... Did I...?

I sighed. "I wouldn't be surprised if I did..." I said lowly and looked at his hand then held it and squeezed it. "I will stay with you until you wake up..." I said very lowly then let go of his hand. This was a private room, G.U.N. paid for it since he did get injured in their mission. They did not know about Sonic's family so I knew they were still not informed either.

He had told me how much he hated getting them worried so I didn't call them. I knew I couldn't either. How would they respond if I, his rival who nearly killed him countless times called the Queen and told her her son was in a coma with a 27% chance he would die or remain in a coma. I couldn't. It was not my place to do so, we still hadn't told his friends either...

I knew it was time. I know we should, and I should even call his family. They should be the ones here with him, not me, I should not even be trusted around him. The Commander told me to take care of Sonic and Rouge, and I failed in both. Rouge can't fly, she won't be able to fly for a long while and Sonic was in a coma.

What do I do now...?

I looked at him again and sighed quietly. Then I rested back on my chair and fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes.