17

Shadow's P.O.V.

"You are going home already?" Rouge asked me. It was already 5 in the afternoon. I had been at work for 11 hours already and I was exhausted and annoyed. I should have never left this much work for later.

"Yes, well I told Sonic I was going to see him after work. I will see you later." I said and chaos controlled away. I had not eaten either so I was starving. I knocked on the door of his house since I had texted him that I was almost out and he told me to go to his house.

"Hey Shad." He smiled as soon as he opened the door then he let me in and closed the door behind me.

"Hey... Do you want to go out to eat? I am actually starving. I was at work since 6 in the morning and I have not eaten anything." I asked and he nodded with a soft smile.

"Sure. Let me just get a jacket since it is getting cold outside." He said and I nodded. I sat down in the couch as he went upstairs to his room.

I glanced around. I had been at his house before but never really seen around. Every time that I was here I was always waiting for the time that I could leave. Or I would just come to try to kill him.

I lowered my ears and looked down at the floor then sighed and rubbed my face. How could I have done all of that?

"Shadow?" I looked up and stood up but he shook his head and made me sit down and sat down next to me then held my hand. "What's wrong?" He asked softly making me lower my ears again.

How could I have ever hated him...?

"I'm really sorry." I said and looked at him. "I was always hurting you. I was always so cruel to you... And you gave me a chance to be with me..." I sighed again.

"Shad, lets just put that in the past. Okay? You've changed. You really have." He held my hand and squeezed it making me almost smile. I rubbed my face to not smile but he kissed my cheek and I blushed and smiled. "I like your smile."

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes as I blushed lightly trying to calm it down but he giggled taking me off guard finding him even more cute. "Chaos, you are driving me crazy." I mumbled.

"Let's just go to eat. I'm hungry too." He chuckled and stood up. I did too but before he could turn around, I grabbed his wrist and made him look at me.

I wanted another kiss. I wanted to feel his soft lips against mine. I loved the feeling that caused me and I wanted to feel it again. So I held his chin gently and looked into his beautiful emerald eyes, I could see them shine. They were beautiful. I then leaned in and kissed him softly, he melted in the kiss and kissed me back almost immediately.

He was madly blushing and so was I, but so loved the chills it sent down my spine and the weird feeling it caused in my stomach.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as I let go of his chin. I slowly pulled away not pushing this further since I barely knew how to kiss. This was my first time in a relationship. My first kiss was yesterday when he took me off guard.

I looked into his eyes and rested my forehead against his and smiled softly. I let go of him and pecked his lips again.

"Let's go." I said since so quickly calmed down but he stuttered then playfully glared at me.

After a while, we were already walking to the cafeteria. I walked beside him but not too close and opened the door for him. He made a joke about it and I rolled my eyes at that.

We went to sit down at a booth against the wall. He sat beside me but we weren't so close. We talked for a bit but we were interrupted when the waiter got here.

I saw him look at Sonic up and down and started flirting with him making him uncomfortable and making my ear twitched in annoyance.

I began to growl at the waiter and wrapped an arm around Sonic. "Fuck off." I gave him a death glare as I kept growling furiously at the waiter for flirting with Sonic.

He tensed up and looked at us shocked. "I-I'm sorry... I... didn't know..." He cleared his throat. "Can I get your order?" He said and I rolled my eyes. I quickly said what I wanted and so did Sonic then he left.

"Thank you." Sonic chuckled.

"Why don't you defend yourself?" I raised a brow and kept my arm around him. Everyone was looking at us but I ignored it.

"Because I know I'll end up getting everyone's attention. But you can help me now." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes and looked away but he kissed my cheek.

Some people gasped and some took pictures. I immediately growled and glared at everyone and they quickly stopped.

I knew the news will be out in a matter of minutes and I didn't care. At least they would know he was mine.