13

Shadow's P.O.V.

I had called everyone back to the hospital. I tried to stay calm but my ears were pinned down as I waited. He died in front of me twice already, I can't take that. I can't. This is too much for me to handle.

The doctors had informed me that they brought him back but they were not sure if he was going to make it through the night. I was still waiting for everyone else to get back and I was still not allowed back in the room. They said the only ones who could go in right now was family.

---

It passed another week and there was no sign of Sonic ever waking up. I talked to the nurse and she said that some people just don't wake up and that as much as she hated saying it, we should not get our hopes us. She told me that it was uncommon for a patient to be in a coma for more than 4 weeks but some, depending on their condition could stay in a coma for decades.

I tried my hardest to ignore when they would say that. I was alone with him again, Tails and Rouge were in the waiting room as Sonic's family was in his house resting.

Everyone was talking about how much of a good life Sonic had but I knew that was not true. I knew it was all a lie after what he told me. I knew that he did not have a good life, he was always running away, he suffered at the loss of many of his loved ones, he never had a break and the civilians would never even thank him in any way for saving their stupid lives constantly. I wanted him to wake up, and then I will try my best to make this up to him. I will try my best to make him happy even if he were to reject me, I did not care. All I want is for him to wake up.

I was holding his hand but I immediately let go when I heard him groan. I sighed and shook my head, he would groan sometimes so it wasn't anything new it would just startle me at times. "Please wake up..." I mumbled with my ears pinned down and a few tears rolling down my muzzle as I looked down at the floor. "Please..."

"I am... Are you crying, Shad...?" I immediately gasped and looked up as my ears perked up. "You don't need to cry over me..." He chuckled very lowly. I had healed all his injuries so he wouldn't be in pain but he was still weak.

"You are..." I was shocked and cleaned my tears. "You are awake..." I said lowly as I looked at him clearly shocked. "Chaos, you are awake!" My heart was beating rapidly as I looked at him. He had his ears dropped since he was still very weak. I dashed to the door and opened it. "I need someone in the room!" I quickly shouted knowing he needed the doctors to check him as soon as possible.

Rouge and Tails immediately ran to where I was but we were all pushed out before they could even see what was going on. They both looked at me and bombarded me with questions over what was going on and if Sonic was okay and what had happened.

"He is awake... He finally woke up..." I said lowly to them and Tails immediately called everyone to come back. His family was here in just a few minutes, and the whole waiting area was full of us. With his friends and his family.

He was finally awake. He was alive...