12

Shadow's P.O.V.

It had passed two weeks, the Sonic was still laying down looking lifelessly in the hospital bed. There was no sign of him waking up any time soon and the doctors had told everyone countless times that they could not do anything until he was to wake up.

Rouge and I had called all his friends as I even had talked to Miles and he brought his family in. They would come in every now and then since they couldn't just leave the castle alone.

"Sonic, please don't give up."

"You will be okay."

"We are all here for you."

"We are waiting for you."

"Please wake up."

"Please don't leave us."

"We need you."

Were heard daily in Sonic's hospital room. He always had company and even I had stayed, not caring about the faces I would get from Sonic's family and even friends. Everyone blamed me for what had happened and I wasn't surprised about it.

I knew everyone was going to blame me knowing how much I used to hate Sonic, but now. Now I had realized that what I felt towards Sonic was not hatred after all. I was not born or raised by anyone, I had to live his life as an agent of G.U.N. who would only send me on missions and my only friend was Rouge, I never knew what it felt like to like someone.

I knew that now thanks to the help of Rouge which promised would keep it a secret. I sighed and stayed sitting down, I rarely would leave the room and when someone would ask me what I was doing there, I would say that the Commander told me to stay next to him that he was my responsibility.

I kept being blamed, saying that I did not care about him, and that's why I let him risk his life. Soon enough, everyone was gone, after two weeks, I was alone with him again. It felt nice, for once I was not being glared at or growled at. Even his brother punched me for letting this happen to Sonic.

I didn't even growl at him, not because I couldn't since he was a prince but because I knew how much I deserved to get punched. Chaos, I should be the one in a coma, not him.

Rouge soon walked into the room and sat next to me. I had finally gone home to take a shower and rest, I would leave every now and then to do that but I would immediately come back and spend the night in the hospital next to him. I couldn't make myself forget about him or stop worrying about him. I just couldn't, the more I tried, the more I thought of him.

"I told Tails," Rouge said softly, my ear flickered knowing she broke the promise of keeping it a secret but I honestly did not care. "he kept asking as to why you could never leave, I had to tell him. He didn't believe you when you said the Commander told you to stay, so he asked me again and threatened to get you out. I did not want that so I told him. He said he would let you stay and keep it a secret but to inform him if the doctors tell you anything." I simply nodded.

"Thank you," I mumbled and she nodded slowly.

She soon left, after an hour or so, then I sighed and moved my chair closer to Sonic like I always did when it was just the two of us. I wish he was awake. I wish I could tell him.

"Please wake up..." I grabbed his hand and gently rubbed it as I looked at him. "I like you... I need you to wake up. Chaos, I don't care if you reject me, but I want you to wake up. Please." But then it happened.

My ears pinned down and tears threatened to escape as I heard the flatline. I squeezed his hand tighter and let tears roll down my muzzle.

No...

"No...! Wake up...! Please...!"

There was nothing I could do but sit down as I listened to the flatline. The doctors told me to leave the room and so I did. I was too hurt to fight back.

I lost him...

***
A/N:
You guys liking this book?
I'm sorry the book has short chapter btw