↳ so what - J.R

it was 3 o' clock in the morning and i had just gotten a call from nessa. she was crying and sobbing and honestly i couldn't even understand what she was saying. she seemed drunk too, so i didn't know what was going on. i just told her to hang on and that i'd come over to the apartment they had recently moved into. she said something but i couldn't really understand her wording so i just put on some decent clothes, brushed out my hair, and drove to the apartment which was 5 minutes away from my house.

i basically had to tip toe out of my house in case my parents found out so, that was fun. but in all seriousness, i reached their apartment as fast as i could and rung their doorbell.

i tapped my feet against the floor as a very sleepy josh opened the door.

"zara?" he asked surprised as to why i was at their house so late.

"josh. i'm so sorry to disturb you but nessa called and she seemed really drunk and i couldn't really catch what she was saying but can i talk to her?" i asked, as he furrowed his eyebrows and made way for me to enter.

i made my way in as he closed the door behind him.
"she didn't tell you did she?" he asked a strong sense of nervousness undermining his deep husky voice.

"tell me what? i mean i couldn't catch what she was saying anyways so..?" i babbled on, regarding what the fuck was going on. because on one hand i was sleepy as fuck and on another i was alone with 'the' josh richards. my crush for a whole year, and my friend's boyfriend so that wasn't really helping.

"uhh do you wanna sit down?" he asked rubbing his eyes as i shook my head and trailed my eyes down his body. he was wearing black shorts and- well nothing else. he was shirtless. i thought i saw him smirk but i brushed it away and asked him what was wrong and where nessa was.

"well uh. we broke up today." he said awkwardly as i widened my eyes.

"you what?" i almost shouted as he instantly put his hand over my mouth.

"keep it down, jaden has a girl over." he whispered as i nodded and he removed his hand from above my mouth.

"you what?" i whisper shouted as he chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair.

"well. im not gonna stay with a girl who i can't trust so what else would you expect me to do." he asked walking away and sitting on the coffee table behind me as i turned around and walked towards him.

"what do you mean?" i said furrowing my eyebrows.

"nessa cheated on me." he whispered, as i felt the heartbreak in his voice. i just stood there, as he connected his eyes with mine and gave me a forced smile. his eyes were glossy and shone with the moonlight that peaked inside through the glass windows.

"with who?" i asked softly walking up towards him and sitting in front of him on the sofa.

"chase." he scoffed looking down as a stray tear ran down his cheek. he immediately out of instinct wiped it away, looking up at me again and smiling.

"hudson." i stated as he nodded and sniffed.

"it's okay. come here." i said as i slightly got up from my seat and hugged him tightly. he buried his head in the crook of my neck and let out silent sobs as i ran my hand up and down his bare back.

after a while, he calmed down and pulled back from the hug, looking up at my eyes. his breath hitched, and i couldn't help notice the cacophony of emotions between the colours of his eyes. then he kissed me. he kissed me- and i kissed back. i melted into his soft touch, and slowly sat down on his lap as he pulled me closer. he wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed my body against his as i let out a soft moan.

"josh. no." i said trying to break free from his grip.

"why." he replied stopping altogether, but his grip on me still tight.

"you just broke up with nessa." i said only inches away from his face.

"so what." he said trying to close the gap between us again. i pushed his chest lightly as he stopped and connected his eyes with mine.

"i'm not gonna be a rebound to my friend's ex boyfriend." i whispered slowly as he realized, nodding and loosening his grip around my waist.

it wasn't soon before i left his loft, saying goodbye. i looked back one last time thinking about what just happened, and debated on whether i should let nessa know. i decided not to because she probably had enough on her plate already.

so i let it go.