↳ bad bleep - B.H pt.2

quarantine was finally over and i was back in la, in no time. i had spent so much time with my family during the lockdown that i felt like i was in middle school all over again, when times were simpler. bryce and i hadn't talked over the whole 5 months i was in london, and as far as I heard him and addison were going strong.

dixie and charli had picked me up from the airport last morning, and this night was one of the famous sway house parties. i had especially not wanted to go but dixie obviously dragged me out of my comfort zone, practically roping me into it.

i wasn't really in the mood to meet with bryce, or party either as a matter of fact. bryce leaving me, and walking away just because addison had told him to really hurt me in a sense since he was one of my oldest best friends. but i guess everything happens for a reason.

"i really don't wanna go." i whined, pouting, and turning off my phone as dixie gave me an insisting look.

"c'mon it'll be fun. we won't leave your side. we promise." dixie inquired, motioning at charli and madi who simply nodded their heads.

"addison won't like it though." i continued, leading to dixie rolling her eyes at my remark.

"who cares what the bad bleep thinks. you do you girl. you're the party girl for god's sake." she encouraged me, as i blushed a light shade of pink and nodded my head, smiling.

"i guess so."

i was wearing a scarlet party dress with white nike airforce 1s. i looked no way near what i looked like before i left for london. my soft wavy brown hair lay on my shoulders, complimenting my axinite eyes and glam makeup while my skin was slightly tanned, however showing off my natural skin complexion.

"hey, we're here." madi snapped her fingers infront of my face, pulling me out of my daydream.

i stared at the white mansion before us, the music blasting through and people getting in and out.

getting out of the car and fixing my dress, i felt a hand lay on my shoulder. i tilted my head to look at who it was, seeing dixie's encouraging smile, motioning me to go inside.

"i'll keep bruce banner away from you don't worry." charli said chuckling from my behind at the fun nickname we had given bryce.

to say that my insides were churning would be an understatement. i felt like i was literally going to barf, but I went through introducing myself to the toxic smell of alcohol and the blasting music.

"OH MY GOD CHANTEL!" a voice called from behind, as i instantly recognised the voice and turned around.

"RICHARDS!" i called out, walking up to josh and embracing him in a tight affectionate hug.

"when are you going to cut your hair buddy ?" i asked, shuffling his hair as he let out a chuckle.

his blue eyes, seemed extremely red, implying that he was definitely high plus drunk, while his cheeks held a flushed look to it, making his eyes pop.

"never!" he shouted, laughing like a little child, as i wheezed out loud.

"drink this." he offered, hanging out his drink. i simply narrowed my eyes at him and then looked at the red cup in his hand, instantly grabbing it and swallowing down the burning liquid.

"woahh! it's the party girl and she's backk people!" josh shouted hyping me up.

"you bet your ass she is." i replied pointing at him, turning my head to find dixie and charli staring at me with wide eyes.

"damn. she's going to get wasted isn't she?" dixie whispered to charli, loud enough for me and josh to overhear.

"WASTED AS SHIT!!" josh shouted over the loud music as i let out a loud laugh, the burning sensation inside my throat, causing a dull ache.

"okay y'all have fun i'll be right back." josh informed us, blowing me a kiss as i nodded and waved at him.

"you wanna go inside babe." dixie teased as i let out a soft chuckle and nodded, following them inside.

the place was literally crowded, and reeked of the smell of alcohol and weed. pushing ourselves through the crowd and the humidity that hung in the air, we made ourselves comfortable in the sway living room, meeting up with all the others.

throughout the night i drank literal bottles of alcohol, making my judgement cloudy, and system intoxicated. i steered clear of weed however. i had a strict policy against drugs always and forever, no matter what.

feeling dehydrated and lousy i lazily walked up the stairs, occasionally bumping into the shoulders of random people. as soon as i was on top of the stairs, i spotted a familiar tuft of pitch black hair hanging his head over the rails of the stairs with both his hands placed above.

my heartbeat stopped for a second and my breath hitched, as i took him in. his slouched back, bending over the rails as if he was exhausted and frustrated, his fingers slightly tugging at his hair.

"if it isn't bryce michael hall." i slurred out, catching his attention. he stood up straight, looking down right into my eyes as i let out a sharp breath.

he looked the same. but more muscular. he didn't look high however, not even a little intoxicated. he looked perfectly sober. yet he was sad? when was bruce banner ever sad.

"chantel.." he breathed out, loud enough for me to hear as i just stood there staring at him.

i don't know how long we stared at each other but a voice finally cut us off, as bryce's head shot back, his eyes widening.

"what are you doing with her?" a shrill voice asked.

my head shot towards the source of the voice, my eyes connecting with addison's. she was in a black dress, her hair up in a high ponytail.

"i was just leaving." i motioned, mocking a smile towards her.

just as i was about to turn around and leave a hand grabbed mine, preventing me from walking away. i looked up my eyes connecting with bryce's as he looked at me with sorrowful eyes.

"uh bryce ?" addison asked, her voice steady and displaying minimal hurt. my heartbeat stopped for a minute as i just scanned his features.

"bryce come with me, we're leaving." addison insisted, her voice cracking as she saw the way bryce held onto my hand.

"i live here." he retorted, his eyes still penetrating into my soul. as if, drinking out every single emotion i held inside of me.

i finally spoke up not having it in me to ruin whatever they had. it was clear that addison could be toxic sometimes just as it was clear that they made each other happy. and i could never interrupt love for my own selfish reasons.

"bryce let me go. you've done it once. wouldn't hurt again." i tried pulling my hand away, as he tightened his grip around my knuckles, his eyes nearly brimming tears.

"bryce." addison almost shouted over the music as bryce looked down towards his hand entangled in mine.

"i'm sorry." he whispered softly, his grip slowly loosening around my hand. a stray tear ran down my cheek as i pulled my hand away from him, gently wiping the tear away and forcing out a smile.

he took one last look at me, and turned around grabbing addison's hand and leaving me alone, drunk, and hurt. all over again. fucking all over again.