↳ bad bleep - B.H

i was packing up for tomorrow's flight to london. the whole coronavirus outbreak had started and my family thought that it would be best for me to stay put in my homeland during the pandemic, and honestly i agreed. the feeling of homesickness was growing in me day by day, and safe to say i wanted to go back home.

i slowly slid the zipper around the suitcase, closing it, when i heard my doorbell ring. it was 3 in the morning and i wasn't really expecting anyone so i didn't know who it was.

walking out of my bedroom, i turned on the lights, gently pushing myself up on my tiptoes and looking out the peephole.

on the other side of the door stood a very distraught bryce hall, and i honestly didn't even know why he was here. he was my best friend but he had never showed up to my house unannounced at 3 in the morning. he had always messaged me or called beforehand. not like i minded anyways.

i quickly opened the door, as bryce's face lit up and he pulled me into a hug.

"hey. i'm sorry, did i wake you?" he asked letting himself in, as i closed the door behind me.

"no. no. don't worry about it. i was just packing." i laughed grabbing a packet of takis from the counter and throwing it his way.

he opened the packet on his first try and handed it back to me as i grinned at him, shoving the chips into my mouth.

"so what's up." i asked after swallowing the mouthful of food. i sat myself up on the counter and looked back at him, fiddling with his hoodie strings.

"hey. weirdo." i called out at him, snapping him out of his daydream. he instantly looked up at me and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"i don't know how to tell you this." he started, nervousness undermining his voice as i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"okay you're scaring me, what's wrong?" i asked letting out a nervous chuckle before putting another taki into my mouth.

"you know how addison wouldn't talk to me? and how she deleted the picture of us and everything?" he asked looking down at the wooden floorboards.

"yeah." i replied, my voice trailing off as he nodded his head. i didn't really know where he was going with this since addison and i weren't that close anyways, but i hummed along.

"she doesn't want me hanging out with you anymore, chantel." he sighed, pulling at his hoodie strings as my jaw literally dropped.

"what the fuck ?" i asked laughing. i had known bryce since he started his youtube channel and now this bitch doesn't want me talking to my best friend?

"why?" i asked, catching onto the fact that he wasn't pranking me or anything. if he was joking, he wouldn't have actually cried. he's sensitive about crying- thinks that it makes him weak, which it really doesn't at the end of the day.

"because we're too close and she doesn't trust you around me." bryce whispered softly as I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"wow." i deadpanned. i always thought addison was the sweet, kind type but okay.

"i know. it's messed up." bryce agreed, running his fingers through his recently dyed jet black hair as i let out a scoff.

"tell me about it. well what're you going to do ?" i asked, curiosity rushing through my veins as he let out a deep breath.

"actually that's why i'm here." he whispered, looking away towards my living room as my confusion grew. his eyes looked glossed over, and just as a stray tear ran down his cheek it hit me.

"you're cutting me loose, because she told you to?" i asked, not wanting to hear the answer to my own question.

bryce was my best friend. we had supported each other through hell and earth, and there was nothing more important to me than him, dixie, charli and of course my family. i would have never thought that i'd heard him say those words to me, because i thought i meant more to him than some toxic girl, who couldn't stand the idea of him having a bestfriend who was a girl. but i guess not.

"cool. get out." i snapped as he gave me no answer. i placed the pack of chips on the counter, jumping down from it, my eyes now red and teary. my skin heated up and my face turned red as i tried keeping my breathing steady.

"chantel, no please try and understand." he pleaded, his voice on the verge of begging me. but i couldn't handle this. out of everybody else i had never expected bryce to let me go, over a girl he'd known for less than a year.

"get out bryce." i retorted back at him, in a sharp tone of voice. i was afraid that if he was infront of me any longer i would just break down crying. but i held myself strong and opened the door to my apartment, motioning him to get out.

"i'm sorry." he stated, tears now mercilessly, falling down his cheeks as i did the same. i gave him no answer, just waiting for him to leave because i knew if he actually cared, he'd give me space to process it.

i felt his eyes piercing through me, as i kept my eyes adjusted to the floor. he took in a sharp breath and exited my apartment, as i closed the door behind me. he knew i valued space. at least he cared enough to give me that.

as soon as he was out, my legs felt wobbly and i fell to the ground, my back hitting the door, and my head falling between my chest and my knees. i hung my head low with my hands protecting my body as i felt a heavy weight behind me. i readjusted in my position thinking that my brain was tripping as the weight became heavier.

that's when it hit me, that it was bryce.

bryce was on the other side of the door, leaning against it as i did the same. realizations seemed to come slower than usual to me on this day.

he was cutting me off like i was some kind of a drug. and i could do nothing about it.

at least addison made him happy.

at least he was happy.