↳ self shocked - J.H

"i don't get why i have to do this." i groaned, as josh practically shoved me towards the lie detector machine.

"content, duh." he whispered into my ear as i playfully rolled my eyes.

"yeah as if anyone watches your videos because of content. just stand in front of the camera, shirtless." i reiterated as josh simply shrugged, laughing. he knew i wasn't wrong.

sitting down on the sofa, the guy plugged on some wires around my waist and my arm, as i sat their staring at the machine which mind you, looked very rigged.

"hey, you don't have to do this if you don't want to." a voice, which i immediately recognised to be jaden's whispered to me from beside.

turning my head sideways, i gave him a lopsided grin. his black curly hair was now straightened and his eyebrows were knitted together displaying a concerned look.

"it's okay." i replied, my mood suddenly brightening up.

"okay guys, cut the chitchatting. flirt in your own time." blake interfered, making a face at the camera, as jaden chuckled in response. i knew i was blushing. furiously.

"okay. first question." jason, the lie detector guy, said out loud. composing myself, i took a deep breath, shifting my attention back to the machine.

he asked a couple of test questions about my name, where i was born and everything and then switched up to the actual juicy questions, which i was dreading.

"have you ever been attracted to anyone in the sway house?" he asked as i bit my lip, looking around the room. bryce, knew that i had feelings for jaden, always have, so when he smirked at me, my first thought was to kick him in the crotch right after the video ended.

"no." i replied, shakily, which as expected came out to be a lie.

the boys 'ooh - ed' in response as i simply just shook my head, a small blush creeping onto my cheeks again. waving it off, i told jason to ask me the next question, trying to avert the topic.

"have you ever hooked up with any of the sway boys ?" he questioned again. mentally facepalming, i again let out a shaky 'no' as the machine detected it as a lie.

"you're a really bad liar." jason laughed putting his hand over his mouth as almost all the boys started laughing. i pursed my lips in return, not knowing what else to say in such a desperate situation.

"do you currently like any of the sway boys?" bryce asked, as i raised my hand, sending him the middle finger.

"yes, i do." i responded, finally giving up on lying and of course as expected it was the truth.

"and now, i'm out of here, before any of you find another really embarrassing question for me."

_____________

it was all over twitter, how I had a sway boy crush. people were even assuming who it could be, and judging by the looks of it they didn't know it was jaden.

"hey what's up you okay?" jaden asked, as if on cue.

"hmm, i guess so." i replied, setting my phone down on the pantry and flashing him a small smile.

"what's wrong?" he asked obviously confused by my dull mood.

"nothing really." i answered back, brushing it off, and chugging down the glass of water in front of me.

"so who is this boy you like?" he asked after a moment of comfortable silence between us.

"i'm not telling you." i replied, letting out a soft chuckle and shaking my head.

"is it bryce?" he asked, an amused expression playing on his face, as he completely disregarding my statement.

"josh?" he asked again after seeing me shake my head at the name.

"blake!" he guessed, walking nearer and nearer to me as i simply rolled my eyes and shrugged.

"is it me?" he laughed, pulling me into a hug by the waist as i stared at him obviously a little startled.

he kept on laughing, his hands now on my lower back and his face inches away from me as i instinctively let out a breathy 'yes.'

as if being knocked down several stairs, his mood suddenly changed, a more confused expression on his face now.

"wait what?" he asked, not expecting the answer i had given him.

"i like you." i said, my voice barely a whisper.

"oh." he muttered, letting go of my waist and backing away a little. "i was joking, charlotte."

"oh."

i don't know what happened after that, but he left. he left without saying another word as i stood there in the sway house kitchen, a bottle in my hand and tears rushing down my cheeks. i fucked up.

____________

it had been weeks since my last encounter with jaden. in fact i hadn't even seen him around the sway house, which shocked me.

he had also released his new song 'so what.' and honestly it was a hit. but it hurt that he just left after i confessed my feelings for him.

hearing my doorbell ring, i trudged down the stairs to open my door, finding no one other than jaden hossler standing infront of me, white lilies in hand. my favourite.

"jaden." i muttered loud enough for him to hear as he gave me a soft smile.

"can I come in?" he asked, as i snapped out of whatever daze i was in and let him in.

"uh so what's up?" i asked, closing the door behind us.

"okay look i'm just going to get right into it, i'm really sorry for ghosting you after you confessed your feelings for me." he explained, scratching the back of his neck as i nodded my head in understanding. awaiting to hear the reason as to why he did what he did.

"i liked your new song." I replied, changing the topic, when i realized that he was getting a bit uncomfortable. i wasn't going to lie, i really liked jaden, and when he ghosted me it kind of hurt.

"thanks." he muttered, the flowers still in his hand.

"do you want me to put those in a vase?" i asked, directing my attention to the flowers as he nodded, handing them to me and smiling.

taking the flowers from his hand, i walked over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass vase, filling it up with water and then gently washing the flowers in the sink, before putting them into the vase.

turning around to go back into the living room, i suddenly stopped myself as i came face to face with jaden. his hands were on either side of me, and his face just inches away from me again.

and before i knew it he kissed me. my hands on instinct, went to his hair, messing with his black straightened strands as he pulled away right after.

"be my girlfriend." he whispered, our foreheads resting on each other's as i let out a small chuckle.

"wash there, let's start with a date how about that?" i said, raising my eyebrows, as he smirked, picking me up by my thighs and turning around.

"that's works for me." he whispered, closing the gap between us again.