A Gentleman

"There you are, darling!" 

Alastor spoke up as he walk by Belial's side with his right arm around her shoulders. Belial became still from the sudden touch. The radio host faces the man, giving him a wide smile. "Please excuse us my good man! We are in a rush." He told the older individual. He guides the woman away from the man's reach. Belial listens to the whispers in her head, "Man is still guiding us! Taking us close to the corner of the street.

As they are a good distance away, Alastor looks down at the five foot and five inch woman who held her umbrella close to her chest. He remove his arm from her shoulder to let it rest at his side. "You should be careful, my dear. Men these days are quite bold with women." He told her with a smile. Belial turns Alastor by the sound of his voice. 

She simply nods her head. "Thanks for the help. Although, I could have handle it." Alastor blinks at her answer then chuckles. That's not the answer he was expecting, this woman is different than the other dames. "I'm sure you can but as a gentleman as myself. I can't stand by and let a lady being harassed by unsavory men." He replies. His eyes study the woman. Something about her doesn't sit right with the young man. What stood out is the way she looks at him. She is looking straight forward to his direction, not making eye contact with him once. 

Quite rude of someone not making eye contact with him when making conversation. 

"I see, a gentleman's job." Belial comments then turns her back to the man. "If that is all, I will take my leave." Alastor's smile became still from her short goodbye. "Hold for a moment, my dear." Belial stops then silently sighs. She turns to Alastor's direction. "My job as a gentleman isn't finished. Allow me to escort you." Alastor declares as he stood in front of her. "He will not stop until I accept, what a pain." Belial thought to herself as the whispers agree with her. 

He offers his right arm for her to hold. "He is offering his arm to you, my lady." The whisper tells her. Belial shakes her head then turns away from him. "No need to do that. You can just walk with me." She said. Alastor let his arm fell at his side then walk beside the woman. "What a strange woman." He thought to himself. Matching his walk with Belial, Alastor decides to pry some information from her to fill his curiosity.  

"Let me introduce myself, my dear. The name is Alastor, you might know me from the radio." 

"I never heard of you." 

Alastor's smile twitch for a moment. Is this lady living under a rock? How come she never heard of him? Alastor, the radio host in this lively town. He silently studies the woman beside him. His interest grew when seeing her eyes at the corner of her glasses. His heart stops when Belial turns to him. "Is there something wrong?" Belial asks. Alastor clears his throat then looks forward, to act like he isn't trying to see what her eye color is. "May I ask for your name? It is courteous." Alastor stresses at his last word. 

"Isabel, if you really want to know."  

Isabel, a normal name and yet it echoes in his head. "Lovely name. So what brings you to the streets of New Orleans today?" Alastor comments. Belial stops then turns to Alastor. Her right hand tightly held the handle of her umbrella. "Just looking for a birthday present for my little niece." She replies. Alastor's smile grew wider. "I see! What do you have in mind?" 

Belial thinks for a second then a word left her lips. "Is there a bookstore around?" She asks. Charlie would like to hear stories from the living world. "You are in luck, my dear. I know this town the back of my head." Alastor chuckles. He wrap his right hand around her upper arm which made Belial stop. He didn't see Belial look of surprise as he lock his arm around her arm to guide her through the streets.