Vanishing Act

Alastor doesn't care about the parties made by the king and queen of Hell. Like Belial said, it is boring. He chuckles under his breath from her comment. The reason he comes to these small parties is to entertain himself and have a bit of fun from Belial. With his hands folded behind his back, he walks a few groups of demons. His ears caught the sound of hushed whispers, gossiping of the recent news. Standing eight feet away, he stops when someone utter her name. Silently he taps his staff on the floor to send one of his shadows to listen to their conversion, out of curiosity.   

+++

"Hey, do you hear...?" 

"Hear what...?"

"Belial left."

One of them let out a scoff, "What do you mean she left? Left for what - a mission?" The other shakes his head then peers around for any sneaky listeners but found no one. "Okay, hear this. I heard some juicy stuff from my sources- King Lucifer and Belial had a nasty fight and Belial left." He told his friends, "Heard that woman left the Magne family for good. Gone and disappeared." His friend quickly rejects the idea. "That's load of bull. She probably just left for some important thing." 

"I don't know about that...I didn't see or heard about her for a while now." The third demon adds, "You would see her wandering around one and a while in the city." The three of them turn to Lucifer and Lilith at the far right of the ballroom. Even they don't show anything behind their calm smile, they could almost see the tension between the couple if they look close enough. Alastor's shadow decides that is enough information for his master. 

+++ 

As his shadow reach his ears, Alastor clutch his staff tightly as his nails dig the top of his microphone. The smile on his face grew wider and yet tense. The static around him is noticeable.  

Belial...is gone?  No, it is baseless rumors. 

"Oh you are here, Mr. Alastor?" Rosie's voice brought him back to reality. Alastor loosen his grip then turns to face Rosie with a smile as if his previous emotions never happened. Rosie held a glass of wine in her right hand. She taps the top of her lips with her left index finger. "I thought you wouldn't show up since you know.." Rosie comments. Alastor's left ear flicker. So, it is true - Belial is actually gone to Hell knows where. Alastor let out a laugh, "Good evening, my dear Rosie! Wonderful to see you well." He replies. Rosie moves around the wine in her glass, giving him a short smirk. 

"Listening to other's conversation, how unbecoming of a gentleman." The sound of audience's laughter emits from Alastor. Rosie moves to stand beside Alastor. Their gaze fell on Lucifer with smiles still remain on their faces. His eyes almost glows threatening at the king of Hell. Symbols of voodoo almost forms behind Alastor but disappears when Lucifer met his gaze. Lucifer gives a sharp smile. His smile is a painful polite smile that Alastor almost detests. His eyes giving a silent challenge towards the Radio demon if he dares to.