One

Nate-

I stared ahead at the road as Maddy keeps running her mouth. She never stops fucking talking. Ever.

"Are you even listening to me?" She says snapping me out of my trance

"Yeah sorry" I say glancing at her

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you've been acting weird all week"

I sigh, I don't want to argue. I'm sick of fighting that's all we ever do.

"I've just got a lot of shit on my mind" I say not taking my eyes off the road

She stops talking finally thank god. I love maddy but we're not good for each other. We're both toxic as hell.

I park outside of her house and we sit in awkward silence for a minute.

"Maddy, I think we need to break up" I spit out

"What?" She snaps raising her voice

"I'm sorry" i lie

"Fuck you" she yells before slamming my truck door.

Honestly I'm not even fazed by Maddy anymore. She knew it was coming, I've been trying to distance myself all week. We've broken up plenty of times before but I'm actually serious this time. I'm over shit. I'm over her drama and at this point being in this relationship is doing nothing but getting me and her in trouble. I don't want to hurt her anymore and it seems like the more we're together, the more she pisses me off and the more I hurt her. Like i said were both toxic as fuck.

I pull down the street and spot someone walking on the sidewalk. The first thing I notice is her hair, it's long and black. She's wearing a skirt with a a crew neck. She's not walking very fast, probably distracted by the phone in her hands. She's gorgeous and looks familiar for some reason. We make eye contact as I pass and I can't help but notice her beauty.

I pull into my driveway and go directly to my room not wanting to have any interaction with my dad. Tonight McKay's throwing an end of summer party and honestly I'm kinda pumped. It's gonna be nice not having Maddy nagging me the whole time.