1. Ugh!!

Haven's POV

"Mom!"

I can't believe my Mom set me up with someone I don't even know. I'm just 26 and she's already pushing me to settle down.

"Oh, come on honey, I'm just worried you'll grow old alone." My dramatic mom said

"I know that Mom, but I'm still young. *sighs* Fine I give up! But I don't want to meet for now. I'm busy" I give in seeing my Mom's sullen face. But I guess I made the wrong decision. Her face lit up in an instant then I froze after what she said next.

"Oh no worries son, you'll meet him at your engagement party next month. Ciao!" then she left me dumbfounded.

I look at my Dad for help but he just taps my shoulder. Ugh! He's so whipped.

Oh! By the way, my parents knew I was gay. They're okay with it. They said "Your sexual preferences will not define who you are and what you're capable of" and they also said that my happiness is all that matters. I love my parents so much.

"Oh, Dad, who is Mom's target?"

"Skye Axis King"

******

Kyeax's POV

Good morning world! Hmm, what a beautiful day. Well, I need to hurry. I have a job interview at Knight's Corp. and I'm very excited and nervous at the same time.

"Son, are you awake?"

That's my Mama Lia. A very nice and lovely woman.

"Yes, Mama, I'm up"

"Good, 'cause your parents are downstairs"

Wh-what? What are they doing here this early? Oh yeah, if you're confused let me tell you more about myself. When I said, I was not ready to be a king, it meant I was not ready to face my real identity. My real name is Skye Axis King. The only son and heir of the King's empire.

I thought before that they were just my benefactor and my Mama's close friends. But I learned before I started high school that I am their son. Maybe that's why they made sure I had time to spend with them.

I heard them talking about it. But I kept it to myself that I already knew the truth. They didn't throw me away. They said that, before I was born, my life was in danger because of my Mom's crazy ex-boyfriend. My Mom, Scarlett King grew up in an orphanage together with Mama Lia.

Her ex-boyfriend wanted her back but Mom is always rejecting him. He's a psycho I'm telling you. He once kidnapped Mom before. He is the reason why they chose to hide me. Because even if my Mom was already married to my Dad, that psycho still wanted to get her. He threatened my Mom that he would kill me. At that time, my Mom was just a month pregnant.

They told the public that she miscarried. The only people that know I'm alive are my parents' close friends. Even their son didn't know about me.

That psycho is in a mental institute now and I hope he stays there because if he learned the truth that I'm alive, I don't know what he'll do.

It was my 18th birthday when they decided to tell me everything. I can see guilt and so much worry in their eyes at that time but what can I do? They did it for my safety. They are there for me hiding as my benefactor and as my aunt and uncle.

I know it's hard for them too, so when they told me everything, I just hugged them. A hug from a son that they are longing for. But despite that, I told them that I'd still use Mama's surname. I don't like to be in the spotlight.
My two best friends are the only ones who know.