Chapter 57

A/N: Sorry for the wait, it's finally here. Hope y'all enjoy, and let me know what you think. I struggled a lot writing this and needed the help of some of my dear friends on discord. They'll probably hate me for this chapter but hehe. <3 love you guys, and feel free to vote, follow, comment (hate comments and all XD), etc. I've also changed the book cover, as I feel it's time for a major facelift <3

Chapter 57

Song: Say It Now by Nick Wilson (linked above)

Tether Me by Galleaux/Heart by Sleeping at Last (these songs are nice to listen to too <3)

Simon's POV

It had been foolish on my part to come here alone, but I needed clarification. Despite the shock, chaos, and slight fear I felt earlier, I couldn't help shake the feeling that something was amiss.

It had been the way I had seen Vince's eyes changed, the gold replacing blue; his wolf breaking through for just a moment. The way his eyes welled up from the unshed tears, the way he had seen the blood, and the feeling of anguish that rolled over him. That and the words the pack members had mumbled hadn't just impacted him. Hearing him be called those awful names, the very ones used against me back then was like a punch to the gut.

It had been the way I had seen Michael showed him something that had sparked it. And from where I was standing, I had seen the faintest shimmer of the ring dangling from that chain.

Michael had set him off somehow. And I was going to find that out.

Because Vince wasn't what the others said he was. He had his faults, but so had I. Whatever Michael had said must've been a personal jab.

"What did you tell him?" I leaned over the edge of the hospital bed, my knuckles turning white from how tightly I held the footboard. Michael's face was heavily bandaged, especially around the eyes and ear. There was a smaller bandage near his mouth, but that didn't stop that eerie smirk of his.

"Be a doll and hand me my phone," he said offhandedly, extending his hand out expectantly. This wasn't the same Michael I had spent lunch with before today, nor had it been the one that was determined to help bring me and Vince together. "It's rather sore to reach it myself, dear."

I clenched my jaw, sending him a glare. "What did you say to him?"

"I merely told him what he needed to hear." He scoffed before gesturing to the phone. Reluctantly, I handed it to him. "He's a fool who doesn't know shit."

I could feel the rage fester and bubble, my wolf growling at the back of my mind. "Why? What are you trying to accomplish?"

"All I did was expose my brother to this goddess-forsaken pack for what he really is." Michael's face darkened, and if I hadn't seen the drastic change from this morning, it probably would've sent shivers down my spine. "A fucking monster. Someone who thinks he can just murder people for nothing and get away with it."

"And how are you any better," I snarled, my wolf threatening to come forward. "You have some nerve after what you did. After what you have been doing. Threatening me, threatening Vince. Who knows what else you've been up to."

He chuffed before glancing down at his phone before glaring back at me. "And he's a saint? Someone who murdered your family? He's the real monster here."

"No, you're wrong." I squeezed the edge of the bed before stepping away. "He's not a monster."

He rolled his eyes before looking out the window. "Yeah, keep telling yourself that."

---

I leaned against the wall next to our door, letting everything they said sink in. From what Vince had seen about my past, to what Xavier was expected to do. From what Michael said to Vince to that damn necklace he had dangled in front of him. To the fact that Michael had been the very one who murdered their father.