Chapter 4: Stepbrother's Magic

"Oh, no!" Elijah shouts. "What have I done!"

Elijah is scared that he did magic on his mother; Drago is still bewildered that he just did magic but knows that he might fix this. Pulling out his wand, Drago got into the position and start casting a magic spell, he hopes.

"Clear revar, Memoirs." Drago casts.

Seeing embers and petals coming from the tip of Drago's wand, they start swirling around Scarlett. Seeing that she's unfrozen, she starts walking up to her room.

"What did you do?" Elijah asks.

"I hoped that I'd removed her memories of what just happen." Drago answers.

Both boys are shocked to see magic from each other, but they could feel that they can now understand one another.

{smack}

{smack}

Scarlett is in the boy's room the following day, gripping tightly to a long rubber stick. She was punishing Drago because of his ambiance yesterday. He tries to hold in pain but shedding tears across his face while his back is bleeding from the new marks.

Finished giving out his punishment, Drago is on his knees, leaning on his side of the bed. Glancing at Scarlett is grabbing all the old rubbish shirts Drago had to wear. He and Elijah see her destroying them all one by one.

Looking around the bedroom, Scarlett is happy, not sees that Drago has no longer any shirts.

"Since you had been gone all day yesterday. No shirts, no freedom that is your punishment." Scarlett says.

"You're not allowed to leave these the grounds of this house, and you'll be doing a lot of households cleaning," Scarlett adds.

Before Drago could say anything or do anything, he is so in pain that he could no longer think. So, he doesn't want to get into any more trouble.

"And you're to address me as Ma'am or Mistress," Scarlett adds. "Is that clear?"

{grit} "Yes, Ma'am." Dragoreplies with painful anger within his voice.

He sees the look of an evil grin across her face once she turns around.

"Now, clean this up and get started on your work," Scarlett says.

"Um, mum, what about school?" Elijah asks. "He does need to go."

As she turns back around to see her son, she gave a mean snarl, still holding on to that rubber stick. Elijah is scared to see her holding it as she gets close to him and grabs his cheeks.

"He'll be no longer going to school, another part of his punishment," Scarlett replies. "And I'll be happy to give you the same punishment."

Elijah closes his eyes, shaking his head. She smiles and releases him. As she turns around to leave the room, Elijah helps Drago on his bed. Laying on his stomach, he sees the injuries on Drago's back. He ran for the toilet to get the first aid kit. Tending his wounds, both Elijah and Drago know that they'll permanently scar. Once Elijah wraps the bandage across his back, Drago went ahead and started working on the house.

Later that day, school is over, as Elijah returns before anyone else did. He found Drago in their room resting on his bed, trying to apply new bandages and cream.

"Drago, are you okay? Do you need help?" Elijah asks.

"Yes, can you please help me?" Drago answers.