Chapter 7: The Shard of Iron

Flying across the sky, Thistle is impressed at how flying could be so much easier, but he glances over and sees that Drago isn't having much luck. Drago is flying with his eyes closed and is nervous; Thistlepulls backward and grabs Drago's hand for comfort.

"Here, holds my hand until you're ready to fly on your own," Thistle says.

Dragostarts opening his eyes, feeling a little comfort, head-level with Thistle, but Drago looks down and sees his hand holding Thistle's hand. Drago was suddenly turning shades of red.

Half an hour went by. Thistle, Pebble, Glittersilk, and Drago start landing on the ground to rest. Stretching their body from flying a long way, Thistle noticed that Drago is quiet. Also, he did see that Drago's cheeks were turning red when they hold hands.

"Drago, can I ask you something," Thistleannounces.

Looking concerned, he does not know what to do, but he knows they'll have to work together by getting to know them.

"Sure, what up," Drago replies.

"Why were your cheeks turning red when we're holding hands?" Thistle asks.

After hearing Thistle's concern, Drago doesn't know how to respond to this. All he's able to do is look away from a stay silent.

"Did something happen to you from the Otherworld? Is there someone making fun of you? Are you okay?" Thistle asks.

Seeing that Drago isn't answering Thistle's question, Drago stood up, and his wings appeared on his back. Thistle has notice Drago's back is completely covered with scars, and he is worried that someone must have hurt him, suddenly seeing him starting to jump up and start flying again.

"Hey, Drago, wait up!" Thistle shouts.

"Don'tforget about us," Pebble adds as he andGlittersilk flies after them.

Two hours went by Thistle, Pebble, Glittersilk, and Drago, seeing the desert right under them. Feeling the sun's heat and how dry the air feels as they continue to fly, they have finally arrived at Dirtpost. Drago could see three sharp peak mountain tops from a distance, and right at the bottom in the middle is the BrowniesTerritory; it looks a lot like a mining city.

Just as they're about a mile away from Dirtpost, Thistle decides to have them land on the ground.

"Thistle, why are we landing?" Drago asks.

"Couldn't we just fly?" Drago adds.

"I don't want us to draw too much attention to us since I'm wearing something different than the other boys, and you're wearing pink." Thistle answers.

Looking at each other, Drago could see what Thistle means by looking different, as they start walking into the Thistle's Territory now the thing is about to get started.

As they walked right along inside, Drago is amazed seeing all these shops, filled with gems and ores, and other Brownies leaving and going to the mines. Not even five minutes into their walk, Drago could feel the eyes of everyone staring at them.

"See, I told you," Thistle says.

Continue to follow Thistle; they're getting close to where they need to go, but first, they're taking a quick rest in a sit-in restaurant called "King's Iron Sand."

"Hi there, welcome to King's Iron Sand. How may I take your order?" the cashier announces.

"Okay, we'll like to have: 2 King's Iron Sand Special, 2 Pebble Nuggets Pixie Meal, and lastly, a Honey Mint Swirl." Thistle orders.