20

The car pulls up slowly but the butterflies in Nora's belly only grow. He's here. He came all this way for her. Inside her head? She's screaming. Crying with joy. But her body is quivering with the anxiety of how this weekend could go.

It could go without a hitch - that is the dream.

But it is likely to go so horribly wrong.

How is Jacob going to react to seeing Nora with a man who treats her right?

How is he going to react to seeing Chevy recognise this man?

Nora met Bucky when they passed through Rome. He was there on business and Nora was exploring the city with a Chevy who was just figuring out how to walk. Chev threw his teddy in the road and Nora was about to run and grab it when he was already there, stopping traffic to do so. She bought him a coffee as a thank you and they parted ways for a month - then they bumped into each other in a bar in London. Edward and Bella had come to visit and took Chevy for the night so she could go have some fun - legal drinking age is 18 in the UK, she could let lose.

He recognised her as the 'girl with the kid'; that didn't feel so great to Nora at first - she hates to think that's all she is - but he very quickly charmed and complimented her. It turned into a one night stand and Nora thought she was done. He's older - 32 - and she's barely 21 with a kid and a bunch of baggage. What does he see in her?

Until Madrid. Who was there again? Friggin Buckley. In the same hotel, sat smugly under a nice shady cabana as Nora had scare off people trying to steal her lounger and umbrella. She took Chev for a swim round the other side of the pool and someone took the umbrella and lounger by the time she came back. About to break down, with a baby wanted a change and a nap, he offered for her to join him. She tried to protest saying he didn't need some girl with a kid annoying him but he just smirked and said "I'm sure you're more than that".

From then on? Nora often planned her travels to coincide with Bucks business ventures. He's owner of a clothing company as well as founder and CEO of a series of security and firms. He, a lot of the time, can work from wherever and so he joined Nora for the last 6 months. Sadly Bella didn't get to meet him in Egypt; he had to go to Paris for a month then. This'll be the first time anyone but Chev meets him. And she's terrified.

She sees the door open and Buck climbs out, phone to his ear as normal. She rushes the door, trying not to run, and catches the end of the conversation. "Hanson- yeh. Okay. Mo- yes move it to Monday then, like I said. Hanson, I'm hanging up now. I see my girl." He grins over at Nora who blushes.

Buck turns just about manages to get his phone in his pocket before he has to catch Nora before she tackles him over. He instantly wraps his arms around her as her legs wrap around his waist and her arms around his neck. They both bury their faces in each others shoulders, neither saying a word for a moment.

"Hi." Buck finally says as they pull apart.

Nora kisses him deeply. "Hi." She mumbles against his lips. She sighs as she pulls away and jumps down, but neither let go of each other as he stares down at her and she stares up at him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." He smiles and looks over at the house. "This is cute." He muses.

They wrap an arm around each other as they head inside. "I hope it's alright for a few days, we shouldnt get too crowded." Nora says.

"I don't mind. So long as I'm with you and Chev - where is my little man?" He looks around hopeful.

Nora giggles. "With his dad, he'll be back by midday."

Bucky tuts. "Damn it."

"He's missed you." Nora pushes Buck on the couch and climbs on him.

He slips his arms around her waist. "Seems he isn't the only one."