18

Jacob rubs his neck as he and Nora stand in silence, the only sound being from Edward and Jasper in the next room, purposely making noise to remind Jake they're there. He takes a deep breath. "I am... I'm so sorry I lost it. Its just it had been building and building, I hadn't phased for a while coz of everything that was happening with you and Chevy and I should have been more careful." He looks at her with sad eyes.

Nora is silent as she hugs herself a little. Jacob frowns. "Nor... you're wasting our 10 minutes." He laughs nervously.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" She whispers.

Jacob is the silent on now.

"Did you not trust me? Was I not a good enough friend to you? Or did I upset you in any-"

He cuts her off by rushing over and pulling her into a big hug - a Jacob hug she remembers. She instantly wraps her arms around him and holds tightly. Edward, who was about to step in, smiles small as he realises she's okay with this.

"You're my best friend Nora. It doesn't feel like it at times but you are. You were the only person I trusted with everything. But I couldn't bear telling you this because I was scared of how you'd react." He mumbles into her shoulder.

Nora sniffles a little. "I'd have stood up to Sam for you. I don't like him."

Jake laughs as he pulls away, stepping back again. "Oh yeah? I'm sure he's thrilled you now know." He sighs. "I didn't want you to see me any different. To you, I was still just Jacob. Not the freak I am now."

"You're not a freak... maybe a little bit creepy but not a freak." She says sternly. "Is it why you were always so angry?"

He nods small. "Dad said he explained most of it. But yeah - to phase I need to channel anger. If I get extremely emotional, mostly anger, it triggers the phase. I didn't trust myself around you at first. Bella only found out coz she hit Paul." He smirks at the memory.

"That's what Sam meant." Nora mutters. "This doesn't excuse you from anything you've done, are we clear?"

He nods small. "It doesn't, I agree. I still feel as new to this whole thing as I did when I first phased aged 16." He says softly. "There's been so much going on since then that I don't think I've ever stopped and calmed."

"So much going on? Like my sister and her vampire family. Turning into a wolf. Renesmee being born and everything that happened coz of her? And then having a baby with me? That should've been easy." She teases small.

Plus the fact I imprinted on your niece and your sister trued to kill me for it, Jacob thinks as he smiles at her teasing. "Har har. Look. You're always gonna be my best friend. And now we get to raise a mini version of us. I wanna do it on good terms."

"As do I." She nods small. "Chevy deserves that."

-

From that day, Nora and Jacob have managed to keep the disagreements to a minimum. Chevy has a mom and dad who know each other better than anyone else and he has grown up so loved. As he nears 6 months old, his parents have found some sort of a routine.

Jacob has Chevy one night a week but often takes him during the day while Nora helps out at the book store. They go to dinner twice a week since Jake isn't allowed in the house when Charlie is home; Sue, who has moved in recently, doesn't mind so much and doesn't tell if Jake does come round.

"Nora Nora Nora!" Jacob calls.

Nora drops the plate she's washing, running instantly to the livingroom. "What!?! Do I call 911 or- seriously!" She tuts as she sees Chevy is just fine.