22

"I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Swan!"

Everyone erupts into claps as Charlie and Sue share a kiss. Sue wears a simple, floor length white gown with long sleeves. Her hair is in loose curls around her shoulders. Nora smiles wide and sets Chev down, handing him the card and flower. "Go on." She encourages.

Chevy runs over to Sue who giggles and kneels down. "For me?" She asks, taking the card and flower. "Oh buddy! Of course I can be your meemaw." She coos, picking him up. She takes Charlie's hand and they walk down the aisle again, Chevy waving at everyone he passes.

Nora giggles as her and Buck join the back of the crowd leaving the church. He takes her hand. "You only cried once, well done." He teases.

She elbows him playfully. "I had an eyelash." She grumbles.

He kisses her cheek. "I totally don't believe you."

She giggles and looks up at him. "This is probably the only wedding I'll ever go to."

He raises an eyebrow, stopping walking. "Oh?"

Nora blushes. "I don't mean it like that, I'd love to marry you. You just said you don't believe in marriage." She shrugs.

Bucky frowns; he did say that. "You know, I used to think marriage was pointless. A piece of expensive paper but... I met you and my whole world changed." He admits.

Nora blushes deeply. "Hold your horses buddy, don't you pull a ring out." Her heart races at the thought.

He laughs and shakes his head, beginning to walk with her again. "Not yet, don't panic. But since I've met you, I've reconsidered everything in my life." He admits.

"You have? Other than marriage, what else have you reconsidered?" She asks, swinging their joined hands.

"Well, one thing is children. Chevy is a pretty cool kid and if there were more of him, I wouldn't complain." He shrugs.

"And if there weren't? If I didn't want anymore, would you reconsider?" She asks nervously.

He shakes his head. "Never. More is cool but Chevy is all we may ever want or need." He shrugs.

"It still makes my tummy flutter when you say 'we'." Norry blushes.

"Good." He grins, scooping Chevy up as he runs over. "My dude!"

"You done annoying meemaw and pop, huh?" Nora kisses his cheek.

Jacob comes over. "Can he ride with dad and I?" He asks.

"I'll go grab the seat." Bucky says handing Chevy to Jake.

Nora nods and smiles small as she watches Chev play with Jakes tie. "I didn't even know you owned a suit."

"Sue made me buy it, she said we had to all dress nicely." He smiles a little. "I can't believe you're still dressing him in Docs."

Nora smiles as they both look at Chevs shoes. "He loves them, honestly. He likes that Bucky has the same."

Jacob's face falters a little. "Cool." He says simply.

Bucky holds the seat out. "Here. Strap goes-"

"I'll figure it out." Jake says, taking the seat and walking off.

Nora rolls her eyes and sighs. "Just when I thought we could get along." She mutters.

Buck takes her hand. "One day you will." He assures her. "We all will. Cmon, I got the directions off your dad."

Nora nods and follows him to the car, keeping ahold of his hand as he drives. The reception venue is about an hour outside of the res and town, a barn area with a bar and things around it. Theyre one of the first in the car park and so they both sit there.