Chapter 8: What does a person do?

TW: Swearing, Mention of Alcohol

Midoriya walked around, watching as people completely ignored him. He wanted to find someone to test all of his theories on. Preferably someone who wouldn't remember this later.

'C'mon! How hard is it to find a delusional idiot? They're, like, everywhere!' Midoriya groaned, looking around. It was currently dark, the only thing letting him see were the few street lamps and the moon. He was in front of a sketchy bar he used to stay away from when he was alive.

Midoriya looked around again, finally seeing someone stumbling out of the bar, clearly out of it. The man had messy dark hair and a scruffy beard. His clothes we ratty and tattered.

'Fucking finally!' He thought, walking up to the man. The drunkie held his hand on the wall to hold himself up, clearly having trouble thinking straight (don't we all?). Midoriya walked up to the man, stopping close enough to smell the alcohol stench radiating off of him.

Midoriya decided to test his theory of touch first. He put his hand on the man's free arm and gave it a soft push. The arm swung slightly, before stilling at the man's side. The man looked at his arm, before deciding to ignore it.

'Nice. Just ignore your problems until they go away. That's the best solution. Unfortunately for you, this problem has a few more tests to conduct before leaving. Now, can you hear me?' He thought, before deciding to what to say.

"Shiiit, you're looking pretty rough, my guy. Is it the alcohol, or do you just always look like bad?" He spoke loudly to the man. He hoped that if we was condescending enough the man would try to fight something that wasn't there.

'That would be fucking hilarious.' Midoriya thought, smirking as he saw the man's head wip around to where he was standing. The man looked at him so hard he thought he could actually see him, but the man's eyes just moved on passed him. He looked around and, after seeing no one around, gave a look of bewilderment.

"I must be going crazy." The man said, placing his hand over his eyes. His hand left the wall, as he prepared to start going home. Unfortunately for him, Midoriya still had more tests to conduct.

'Will you be able to walk through me? Can I walk through you? Can I stop either of those things if they work?' Midoriya thought, walking in front of the man. The man finally stood up fully. He placed his hands on the back of his hips and stretched his back lightly.

He started walking forward, right into Midoriya. Midoriya stood still as the man walked right through him. The man shivered a bit, before he simply kept walking.

Midoriya walked up to him, slightly fasted than the man. He walked in front of him before turning around and walking right through him. Again, the man shivered, this time bringing his hand into his pockets for extra warmth, before walking away.

'Interesting, but can I make it so he can't walk through me?' Midoriya again walked in front of the man, wondering how he was supposed to do what he wanted.

'Maybe if I just, like, imagine it or something? Or does that only happen in movies?' He thought, deciding to try it out even if he thought it was a little stupid.

This time, however, when the man walked up to him, instead of going through him, it seemed as if he hit an invisible wall. He fell backwards, not expecting anything to be there.

"What the fuck? I didn't think I was that drunk." The man quietly mumbled to himself, pushing off the ground.

' I kinda feel bad for torchuring him like this, but the show must go on! Besides, I still have more tests to conduct!" Midoriya thought, suddenly thinking of another test to do.

He spoke again, this time trying not to have the man hear him.

'It worked on the walking into each other thing, so why not now?' He thought, shrugging to himself.

"Hey, did you know? The mitochondria is the power house of the cell? I went to school for 9 years an that was the only thing I needed to know." He said loud enough for someone to hear. He looked at the man, searching for a reaction. He soon found that he wouldn't be getting one.

The man had already gotten up, and was again walking back home. This time, though, his head was lifted up, looking around for anything he might bump into. Midoriya walked unnoticed beside him.

'Okay, okay. It's probably rude that I've been here this whole time and I haven't even introduced myself! Now for my final test, can you see me if I want to be seen?' Midoriya thought, giddy to see the man's reaction.

The man suddenly looked right at him, seeing a smiling, bloody child. He backed away, hitting a wall. He stared at the young child in horror. The child didn't look real. He looked translucent. He looked dead. He was dead, not that the man really knew that.

The man took off running as fast as he could. Taking out his phone he started to call the police. He didn't want to be near the child, but he was still scared the child could be hurt.

'That was probably pretty traumatizing. Oops. My bad.' Midoriya thought, watching the man run until he turned the corner and went out of sight.

Now that all of his test were finished, it was time to put all of his new knowledge to good use.

'Time to fuck up someone mental stability. Now the only question is: who's will it be?'

AN: How're you doing, you beautiful losers? I was planning on posting this earlier, but my phone died, sorry. Anyways, I just want to thank everyone for reading this, because seriously, there are way more people reading this than I thought there would be. Now that there are so many people reading this, I should probably start actually planning where this is gonna go, cause to be honest, I have no idea. But it's still really fun making this, and it makes me happy when I see how many people are reading this, so I'll put in the effort. If you guys have any suggestions on what should happen in the story or how I should write or anything at all, feel free to comment. It always helps to get some feedback. Anyways, I love you guys! Have a great day or rest of your day or whatever! =>

What's your favorite book?

Words: 1116