Day 2

Samantha woke up with a splitting headache feeling extremely dehydrated and for some reason there was a bitter after taste in her mouth. Her vision was blurred at first but as she rubbed her eyes she took in her surroundings.

She was lying on a mattress in a square room that didn't seem big enough to be a bedroom. A door was located opposite her and there was a small table lying in between. She glanced to her right and saw a toilet seat and a sink. There was a tap with a basin next to the sink and the floor there appeared to be slightly lower than the rest of the room. Was that supposed to be a bathroom? She pinched herself to make sure this wasn't some horrid nightmare but the pain assured her that she was awake.

Her heart started beating faster as she found the strength to get up. She felt weak and extremely thirsty. She couldn't remember the last time she ate anything. How the hell did she get here?

The memories started flowing in as she tried to recollect what happened. She remembered walking back from the university library after trying to pull an all nighter to study for an exam she had next week. It must have been about 2 AM when she finally gave up and decided to walk back to her dormitory. It wasn't a very long walk and she'd done it a couple of times before. Besides everything was within the campus. The last thing she remembered was passing a black car parked by the side walk not far from her hostel before everything went black.

She needed to get out of here. It took her a just couple of steps to reach the door and she turned the knob quickly hoping it would open but her worst fears were confirmed when it didn't. She tried again and again using more force but it was a futile attempt.

She looked around the room again and noticed a plastic pitcher on the table containing water. She didn't realise how dry her throat was until she saw it. As she picked it up she froze. What if it had been poisoned?

She desperately wanted to drink the water but thought better of it. She didn't want to die here and now. She walked to the sink and opened the tap. The water looked clear so she washed her face thoroughly in an attempt to feel better. It didn't help.

I't was then when she noticed a small built in cupboard that seemed to fit in perfectly at the foot of the mattress. She opened it out of sheer curiosity and was stunned to see what was inside.

There were some of her clothes folded neatly inside and a few towels on one shelf. On another shelf was a complete set of toiletries with a face wash and face cream. The same ones she used at home.

A lump had risen in her throat as she glanced at the cupboard door. Some sort of acrylic mirror was fixed into the door and right above it was her picture. Tears streamed down her face as she stared at her reflection and at the picture. Nothing seemed random here, whoever brought her here knew who she was. But what did they want? She wasn't sure if she wanted to know.

The sound of the doorknob turning made her jump. She turned towards the door to see a tall man come inside. He was carrying two plates of food and he placed them on the table so fast she didn't even take a step before he was back at the door locking it.

He didn't look that much older than her and he didn't look that big either. She wondered if she could overpower him to get the key in his pocket. Probably not.

"Finally you're awake," he said beaming at her. "I was afraid the food would get cold. I made grilled chicken and mashed potatoes for us tonight. I'm no Gordon Ramsey but I must say my chicken turned out very well today. It's probably because I have such a lovely guest here."

She felt her skin crawl as he blushed at her. Guest? Was this some sort of joke? It had to be. This wasn't normal, even for a kidnapping it didn't seem normal. She'd seen movies where people got kidnapped, they weren't served grilled chicken, they were tortured and killed. Was he going to feed her and then kill her? Maybe he poisoned her food or maybe he liked toying with his victims.

He seemed to notice her confusion. "I know you must be wondering what's going on Samantha. You see I've prepared all this for us. You and I have no obstacles now, no distractions, nothing that can drive us apart. This is how dating should be." He took a step towards her.

Samantha backed up until her back was against the wall. " A-are you going to kill me?" she blurted out without thinking.

He burst out laughing in response. "Do you honestly think I would go through all this trouble if all I wanted to do was kill you?" He gestured towards the table, mattress and cupboard. "There's no need to be afraid of me, I'll never hurt you."

"Then what is it you want with me?" she cried in anguish.

"I want to date you. To get to know you and for you to get to know me."

"You're insane," she said as tears started pouring down her face. "Why couldn't you have asked me out to dinner outside like a normal person."

His expression turned dark and for a split second she saw some malice in his pale grey eyes. "I tried but you never gave me the time of day. You left me no choice really."

Samantha raked her brain trying to remember what he was talking about but she swore she'd never seen him before.

He sat down and motioned her to sit too. "Please eat before you're food gets cold."

Samantha didn't know what to do. She ran to the door instead and began banging on it. "HELP! Help me!," she screamed repeatedly hoping someone would hear. She could hear him laughing behind her as he ate.

After a while she gave up and sat down on the plastic chair. Everything was plastic from the table to the chairs to the cupboard, even the plates and cutlery he brought. She couldn't help but take the glass of water and gulp it down quenching her thirst.

"I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance before," she lied. "I really am. Please lets start over. We could go out on a proper date, you and I. Lets go now, we could go on lots of dates, watch movies together,etc. Wouldn't you like that?"

"One day maybe, for now I'd prefer to date you here."

-

Hellooo, if you like what you've read please vote and comment. Any feedback will be much appreciated. :)