Day 26

I watched in awe as the sunlight somehow managed to illuminate Samantha's bare back even though the curtains were closed. Although the light was dim it gave an almost ethereal glow to her skin and long dark hair that cascaded in waves all over her back and pillow.

I pinched myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Last night had been perfect maybe even the best night we've had together. I don't know how it happened but Samantha was finally warming up to me and in more ways than one. I felt my body heat up just thinking about the way last night ended.

We almost had sex. But when I felt her body tense up when I pulled her panties down I knew she wasn't ready. It took all my will and self restraint to stop at that moment but for her it was worth it. I could tell she was grateful, her eyes said it all. So instead we fell asleep in each other's arm which was just as perfect despite the fact that it ached to long for her this much.

I looked at her heaving body, stared as her back moved in synchronicity with her breathing. Her skin looked so smooth, so inviting I wanted to run my hands all over it. She was still fast asleep so I didn't want to wake her. I looked back up at the bare ceiling wondering what we could do today. I didn't have to go to work so we could spend the whole day together.

A buzz in the drawer beside my bed made me jump slightly. I'd forgotten that my phone was in there. Who could be texting me this early in the morning?

I briefly glanced at Samantha checking if she was still asleep and then unlocked the drawer and took out my phone to check. I was stunned to see at least five messages, all from Olivia. How the hell did she get my number? And why on earth would she be texting me of all people?

Curiosity ate at me as I read each of them one by one.

Hey Jerry, what are you doing? Or should I say who are you doing? Haha

Too busy you cant reply a single text?

You weren't too busy when you uploaded a video of me on the fucking internet!

Why aren't you answering? You used to answer my texts immediately.

You know what. Fuck you Jerry. I hate you.

I miss you Jerry. Ever since we met, all I can think about is you. Please call me, I can't take you ignoring me.

I smirked to myself. I always loved it when she drunk texted. Finally the tables were turned and she was pining for me. That cheating whore deserved it. I contemplated replying and stringing her along for while just for the taste of sweet revenge. But then I thought of Samantha and realised I shouldn't even be wasting my time on this piece of garbage. One text should do it.

We were over a long time ago Olivia. Get over it and don't text me again. Thanks for giving me the chance to do so much better.

"I thought phones weren't allowed while we're supposed to be dating. Isn't that one of the main reasons why you brought me here?"

I jumped in shock when I realised she was awake. Damn it, I was so engrossed with my ex's messages and my own thoughts that I hadn't realised she had been watching me.

I stared at her face trying to read her thoughts. She didn't look angry or happy, just a blank, unreadable expression which made me a bit nervous. How could I have been so stupid to break my own rules in front of her?

"Erm sorry it was something urgent about work,"I lied not as smoothly as I would've liked. I quickly put my phone away and pulled her towards me pecking her lightly on the lips. She didn't kiss me back.