3. A good talk.

You roll over and look at your phone. It's 6 am. You barely got any sleep. What do I want. You've never even considered it.

You decide to head down to the kitchen to get a drink. On your way there you see Vaggie. You briefly make eye contact and give her a nod.

She sighs when you pass her.

Vaggie: Hey, can we talk for a moment?

Y/N: Y-yeah, sure.

You turn to face her.

Vaggie: I just wanted to apologize for seeming hostile. Charlie's just been through a lot starting this hotel. I have to make sure it works.

Y/N: That's fair. I can understand being loyal to someone.

Vaggie: It's more than that. I care about her.

Y/N: ....so how do you know that you care about her?

Vaggie pauses for a moment and looks at you.

Vaggie: Have you never cared for someone?

Y/N: I don't think so. Everything was always about loyalty and following orders.

Vaggie: That's insane. How can your dad be like that.

Y/N: Because power is all that matters to him. Look, I promise I won't do anything to hurt this hotel.

She nods and smiles.

Vaggie: Just make sure you aren't late for your sessions.

You nod and walk away.

When you get to the kitchen you see Angel. Not exactly the person you wanted to see.

Angel: Well well, if it isn't the hotels newest and cutest resident.

He gives you a wink. You sigh.

Y/N: Morning Angel.

Angel: You sound like you had a rough night.

Y/N: I just didn't sleep well. Not a big deal.

Angel: Fair enough. So, what do you think of this place?

Y/N: It looked like shit when I got here. Somehow overnight it's like a different place.

?: That would be my doing!

You turn to see a tall demon in a red suit, with red hair. You immediately recognize him.

Y/N: Radio demon! The fuck do you want?

You immediately move back from him and watch him intently.

Alastor: Call me Alastor my boy! And I'm here to lend a hand to this wacky nonsense hotel!

Y/N: So you're here to help, but don't believe in it? Why?

Alastor: Why for entertainment! Why else?

You shake your head. A hotel to rehabilitate sinners, run by hells princess, supported by the radio demon.

Alastor: What about you? I find it hard to believe you checked in here for personal betterment.

Y/N: I just got sick of being home and figured I could get free room and board here.

Alastor laughs.

Alastor: Fair enough!

He turns and walks away.

Angel: SO! Now that that's over, tell me what you think of Charlie.

Y/N: Huh? Charlie? What do you mean?

Angel: Oh come on! Like she's super hot? What, you aren't into dudes or chicks?

Y/N: I mean, I'm attracted to women. I guess I haven't really thought a out it.

Angel: You're no fun, ya know that?

Y/N: I've been called worse.

You get your drink and go to leave. You round the corner from the kitchen and bump into someone. When you look down, you see Charlie.

Charlie: Sorry, I didn't see you.

You look at her confused.

Y/N: I bumped into you. I should be apologizing. Here.

You offer her your hand. She takes it and you pull her up.

Charlie: Thanks Y/N.

Y/N: Not a problem Charlie. Do you uh, think we could talk real quick?

She nods.

Charlie: Of course. What's on your mind?

Y/N: Can we maybe go somewhere private? Weird request, but maybe the roof?

Charlie: Sure! I wouldn't mind seeing the sunrise.

You silently head up to the roof. This is a perfect opportunity to learn some things about her.

Charlie: So! What's up?

You look at her, and pause. The sunrise makes her look ethereal, angelic. She has such soft facial features. You feel like there's a knot in your throat.

Charlie: Everything ok?

Y/N: Yeah! Yeah. So I've been thinking about what you said. I want to try being friends, if that's OK?

A giant beaming smile quickly forms on her face.

Charlie: Absolutely! I'm glad you're trying to socialize more!

Y/N: Y-yeah. I'm just unsure of what to do. I guess finding out what you like doing is a good place to start? Hobbies or anything?

Charlie: Singing! I absolutely love it. It's my favorite way to express my feelings.

Y/N: Express your feelings huh.

Charlie: Mmhm! Look up all sorts of different genres. Find something the speaks to you. It may help you with some issues you're facing.

Y/N: Yeah. OK. I'll do that.

Charlie walks up and touches your arm. It makes you feel numb inside. But also good? What is this? Your face very slightly turns red.

Charlie: I'm proud that your taking steps to be more open. Keep it up and find yourself!

Y/N: Y-yeah. For sure.

Charlie walks back inside. What the fuck was that? What was that feeling? You've barely been here but you already feel different.

What will staying here do to you? One things for sure. You're already starting to not care about why you came here initially.

What consequences will that bring? Do you even care at this point? You look forward to your next talk with Charlie.