21. The final showdown begins

Y/N: They're here.

Charlie: Who? Are you sure you're ok?

Y/N: I'm fine. Everyone, get ready. We have about 15 minutes until they get here. It's Kalus.

Everyone drops what they're doing and readies their weapons. This is it. Everything is finally coming to a head. The odds are wildly stacked against you.

While you don't know the actual size of his siege party, you'd guess it's at least 3 or 4 thousand. Against your 8. And Kalus himself complicates things even more.

Charlie: What about me? What should I do?

Y/N: Stay out of site. If they find you, we lose this. Regardless of if we live or not.

Charlie: I can fight too ya know!

She flexes her arms at you. You sigh and give her a quick kiss.

Y/N: I don't doubt that. But please, for my sake, just play along.

Charlie: Fine. I understand.

You pull your phone out as she walks away. You set up a tracker on her just in case. She's your number one priority.

The marching outside grows louder by the second. Everyone seems ready to go. Not an ounce of fear in the group.

Y/N: I appreciate you all being here. Even though you knew we were extremely outnumbered.

Blitzo: Oh don't get all sentimental and shit kid.

Millie: Yeah. You're talking like you don't think we'll make it.

You glance from face to face, and shut your eyes.

Y/N: You're right. Once this is done, I'll buy you all a round.

Cherry: OH FUCK YEAH!

Kalus: TO THE FILTHTY VERMIN IN HIDING, GIVE US THE PRINCESS AND WE'LL MAKE YOUR DEATHS FAST.

You move to a window, trying to get some kind of idea on how big his forces are. It's too many to count, that's for damn sure.

Y/N: WHT DONT YOU COME TAKE HER THEN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN.

Kalus: Insolent little shit right until the end. Do it.

He motions to a soldier. You keep an eye out for anything suspicious when all of a sudden..

BOOM

The front door is blasted off its hinges. Soldiers immediately begin pouring in.

Y/N: Alright guys, FUCK EM UP!

Gunfire starts ringing out as Kalus's soldiers start hitting the floor. You pull out a handgun and knife and rush the door.

Your reflexes are quick enough to avoid being hit by your friends. Not to mention how amazing their aim is. The smell of blood quickly fills your nostrils.

One after another you take them down in an attempt to get to Kalus.

Two on the right.

BANG BANG

One from the left.

You plant your knife into his skull. There's a sickening crack as it pierces it.

You begin to grow annoyed at how long it's taking. There's just too many of them. You fire a bullet and control it with your telekinesis.

You weave it around the crowd killing a large amount at once.

Blitzo: Hot damn, we could use someone like that at work.

Moxxie: Please focus sir!

No matter how many you take out, more come to replace them. At this rate you'll be too worn out to fight by the time you meet Kalus.

Suddenly, a speaker screeches. You hear a familiar voice clear their throat.

Allistor: Seems like you're having a rough time, friend! I quite like the comedy this place has given me, so I've decided to lend a hand.

The space around you distorts. Strange symbols fill the air. A pit opens under most of Kalus's army. A strange black mass reaches out and pulls them into the void.

Over half of his forces are gone now.

Allistor: That should help I would think! Go get em tiger!

Y/N: You're damn right it does. Could've told us you'd help, cheeky bastard.

You use the chaos that Allistor bought to force your way outside. There he is. The reason for your suffering. Kalus.

Kalus: You've got a lot of nerve, boy. After everything I did to turn you into an unstoppable weapon.

Y/N: I never asked to be a weapon. You forced me to be. You sending me here was your biggest mistake. I made friends, found love, a reason to actually fight.

Kalus: The only reason you need is MY GOD DAMN SAY SO.

You hold your middle finger up to him.

Y/N: Get fucked.

Kalus's eyes glow red.

Kalus: Everyone stand down. Leave this mistake to me.

He rushes at you with blinding speed and throws a right jab.  You manage to block it. You counter with a punch to his side. He winces a little and grabs your head.

He slams you hard into the ground. It's almost enough to make you lose consciousness. A rock slams into his head out of nowhere.

It send him tumbling back. He immediately looks around for who threw it. He looks back to you. There's a visible energy crackling around you.

Kalus: You damn weakling. You're actually using it.

Y/N: It's not a weakness. You're just too stupid to use everything to your advantage. "There's no rules in a fight to the death. Only a winner and a looser."

That was the mantra you lived by most of your life. One that he taught you. He rushes you again, with the same right hook

You go to block it, but he feints at the last moment and grabs your arm. He sinks a dagger into your arm. There's a searing pain you've never felt before.

You break his grasp on you and jump back. Upon removing the dagger, you notice the glowing runes on it. You immediately recognize it.

Y/N: Angelic weaponry.