Chapter 10: Los Angeles

We had landed back home two days ago. It had also been two days since I told Becca our situation. Two days since Harry had spoken to me.

I fixed up the dressing room for our main act this week, and added a couple more waters to her mini fridge. Anita came to find me, "Hey, Charles wants to go over the stage set up with you. It changes every show or something like that."

"Oh, okay. I'll be there." I packed up my cart and picked up some scraps.

"Maggie. Are you okay? I've been trying to give you space, but I'm getting worried." Anita said, taking the cart from me as we walked out.

"Yeah. Just jet lag." I said, avoiding her eye contact, "I should get going. Sound check ends in 10, please order their lunches."

"Yeah sure."

I knocked on Charles door, and he called me in, "Oh hey Maggie. I need to show you this stage! You are going to love it, come on let's head down."

I nodded and waited for him to walk out as we made our way down the hall to the stage area.

"So are you going to tell me why you came back early?"

"I already did. Harry had some last minute things pop up."

"Hmm, cause when we went golfing, he said you had something with the house to deal with." He turned and looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

I felt my face flush red and I crossed my arms in front of me, "Oh."

"Yeah, oh." He took a big step standing in front of me, his hand on my shoulder, "What happened?"

"He got upset at me. For turning to you. About everything." I couldn't make eye contact with him.

He moved his hand from my shoulder, "Oh."

"Please don't be different with me Charlie. I can't have you acting different with me too." I said, my voice cracking at the end.

He face softened, and he pulled me in for a hug, kissing the top of my head, "I would never Maggie. I just, feel bad."

"It's not your fault, I shouldn't be keeping things from him. I trust him, I just, you know how my brain works." I wrapped my arms around him and took a deep breath.

He ran his fingers up and down my back, "I know Mags, but, you gotta break that cycle. He should be the first person you tell anything too."

I nodded and we heard someone clear their throat, pulling away from each other. Anita smiled small, "Umm, sound checks done. Just wanted to let you know the arena is open." She quickly turned around walking back to the dressing hallway.

"Fuck." I said, turning to Charles, "I'll be right there okay?"

I quickly ran after Anita, finally catching up to her, "Anita, I'm sorry. I need to not hug him like that anymore. Especially at work. I'm sorry. Harry isn't talking to me right now. And Becca, is barely making eye contact with me. I can't have you upset with me too."

She turned and looked at me, and sighed, "I'm not upset. I just, get possessive. You know that. I hate anyone calling you their best friend. So imagine how I am in regards to him."

We both laughed softly and I hugged her, "Trust me, you have nothing to be jealous of, okay?"

She nodded, "Okay."

I got home that night surprised to see Harry's car in the driveway. He still had a couple days left at his rental home, and I figured he wouldn't be coming to see me or speak to me until then.