26. You are more important

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

Seeing and communicating with the dead, was the one thing I easily got used to. It felt like my normal; my awkward normal. For the rest of the month, I kept to myself and stayed locked up in my room reading my book and digesting each spell. I meditated on it until I knew half of the book like the back of my palms. I was too afraid to go outside, not just because I was afraid of how the students would see me, but because I had also been busy helping the ghosts that were in my room.

I learnt how to perform rituals, learnt how to use my telekinesis and also found out that aside from my powers as a shadow witch, I had some other witch powers from my grandmother. So, I also worked on it. The secret to most of my dark spells was my blood, hair or tears. It was nice.

I spent so much time indoors that I barely ate. If it wasn't for Elle who always barged into my room and forced the food down my throat and Ace who came in to drag me out for a break, I wouldn't have stepped out for almost three weeks. Ann and Leaf also came to visit. After so much time isolating myself, Ace finally dragged me to school. Elle and Ann plotted against me and made him beg me to return because they both knew I couldn't say no to him.

"I've told you to relax, no one can treat you badly when I'm here," he assured me, squeezing one of my hands that he had in his.

"I know they won't treat me badly, but I fear they might be afraid of me,"

"Why do you think so?" He asked calmly as he drove his fancy sports car with one hand. "Again, Marinette, Monster University. Much shit happens here and none of it surprises us the way you think it does," I turned my attention from the window to him. He changed his hairstyle from a tousled standing spiky quiff haircut to some kind of hairstyle that made him look like a powerful anime prince with fire in his hair. It made him look sexier. "What I'm trying to say is that we see shocking things as our everyday normal. When you live in a world like ours, you learn to never let anything surprise you, or you will be caught off guard. Relax, Rinette, no one will fear you, just respect you."

"So, will they respect me?"

"More than they already do. If you feel very uncomfortable, I can stay with you all day—"

"No, Ace, you need to focus on your exams. I have already stressed you enough as it is," Which is true. So far, I had given him too much to worry about. He's my boyfriend, not my older brother or father. He had a life of his own and it didn't have to rotate around me.

"You are more important,"

"You are not going to use me as an excuse to fail. I won't have that on my conscience." I said scoldingly. He chuckled.

"You know the exams will begin in two months, right?"

"You have to be prepared for anything, I don't want you to fail," He parked the car, letting go of my hand so we could remove our seatbelts. I looked out of the side mirror and smoothened my hair. When I looked at him from the corner of my eyes, he was staring at my bare thighs with flaming lust. His insistence on me visiting his 'house' was for one reason, so he could be alone with me and satisfy his sexual craving. He was starting to lose control recently and that terrified me. I'm not ready yet.

"Rinette, when did you say you will visit me? So you will know where I live?" He asked softly, eyes still fixed on my thighs. Ace is not a man to kid around. He wasn't telling me directly, neither was he hiding the fact that he wanted me. His kissing was getting more intense. His hands were always going to my breasts and slipping between my thighs more than usual. His desire to shove his fingers into me anywhere and everywhere too, and the other time he was performing oral sex, he took off his trousers and tried to convince me to accept anal penetration. When I refused, his eyes lost colour and he pinned me to the bed. If Leaf hadn't come knocking, he would have forced it on me.