32. The findings

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

"Rinette, no!" Leaf shouted, I already opened it. I screamed when I saw a snow-filled cave with a snow phoenix and her babies. She stood up, alerted by the intruder and got ready to blow her cold breath on me. I was suddenly pulled back and the door shut.

"Are you that dumb," Elle, who closed the door, snapped. Ace was the one holding me.

"I'm sorry," I apologised, still in shock. Elle sighed and walked back to Leaf. Ace's thumbs came up to my temples and slowly rubbed against them.

"Calm down," he whispered. I exhaled, relaxing and getting out of the shock.

"We are looking for an autumn-like or hazel-brown door with something related to books, pens or ladders," Leaf called out.

"Spread out, guys. Ace, you and Leaf head North, and Gomez and I will head East. Ann, you handle South, and Rinette, West." Elle instructed.

"Leave Rinette on her own?" Ace asked disapprovingly.

"She's not a baby, leave her alone," Elle said harshly and dashed off to the East doors. Ann walked off to check the doors at the lower area and Leaf headed North. Gomez followed Elle.

"Ace, I'll be fine," I assured him.

"I know," he placed a kiss on my cheek before rushing off with the wind. Wow, that was easy.

‹Come on, lover girl.› Darcy tittered in my head. I smiled and let her take over the transformation. The doors were all teleportation means, obviously created by Queen Rida. She must have been using it to travel faster. I floated from door to door, looking at the symbols and examining them.

"Found it!" Leaf shouted.

‹That's our cue› Darcy chirped. We dashed towards her voice, finding her and Ace at an open door. I looked in, brooms and other cleaning equipment were doing their jobs on their own. The library was golden brown with golden yellow shelves. Some books were flying around, some objects too.

"With this, I will never lift a broom for the rest of my life."

"Sure, spoil the lazy boy even more," Elle scoffed behind me. I looked over my shoulder and smiled at her.

"You request," Leaf replied. "Remember the library we went to in the forest?" Ann, who just got here by a water lift, hummed in response while I nodded. "After you left, we explored. The library lectern will give you the book you are looking for."

"And what book are we looking for?" Ann said with a chuckle.

"Billion-dollar question," Ace added, leaning on the doorframe with his legs forming scissors. His new position looked quite alluring and charming. I shook my head with a smile. "What?"

"Nothing you should be worried about," I said softly, walking into the library to join the others who were already in. Elle was already at the library lectern, her hands on it.

"I need something related to Princess Ivy, daughter of Queen Rida Red." She shrugged and stepped back. The catalogue glowed, and a small violet and grey book descended from the sets of flying books and floated in front of me.

"It worked," I said, trying to reach out for it. The moment my fingers graced it, it electrocuted me. I flinched back, falling into Ace's waiting arms. "Great, another problem."

"Ace, you can take a shock, right?" Gomez asked.

"No, this is mine," Elle said with eyes closed. A green light glowed from her chest. The teeny violet gem on the book glowed too. She reached out for the book and took it. "You should know a book like this wouldn't be that easy to touch," her eyes were still closed.