40. Marked

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

"You're kidding?" Ace asked with wide eyes. He snatched Gomez's wrist and gasped when he saw the time.

"Fuck, no…" Ace ran out screaming "All You Can Eat Wednesday!" Gomez followed, screaming "Food!."

"I need fresh air," Leaf sneezed, jumping down from the piano.

"I need water," Ann added. "See you later, Rinette." Ann walked out, jumping over objects. Leaf waved at me before running off.

"We'll conclude after school, I need to get something. Would you be okay on your own, sis?" I nodded with an assuring smile. "FWIW, you're the best sister a ghoul can ever ask for," I looked down sheepishly. "I'm proud of you, Marinette, for the lady you have grown into."

"Technically, I'm still a teenager,"

"Heh heh, see you, Rinette," she zapped out with her speed. I exhaled weakly and jumped down from the piano. Sibyl who had been sitting there quietly sighed too.

"What happened down there, I saw it all,"

"How?"

"I saw it through your eyes, everything. Ivy is going to do something. If she can't kill and enslave as planned, she won't go down without pulling your mate along. Marinette, if you don't handle this with caution, she'll either kill him and drag his soul along with her, or take over your body so they can be together. The one person she cares about most is him, just him."

"I know, I won't let anything bad happen to him, I won't let her take the only man that loves me," I said seriously.

No one is taking my Ace.

___

Ace pulled over at a tree, right in an open place in the middle of the forest. He drove through a rocky path to get here. His luxurious van was carefully parked between three long lines of trees. The leaves and branches hid it from sight.

"You live out here? How do you not die? Anybody can successfully kill you here,"

"I know," he said excitedly. "The silence, the anticipation of an ambush, the expectation of any wild animal attacking and the privacy. The place is great!"

"I forgot you were crazy," I sighed. After our meeting, Elle told me she was going to sleep at her dad's and Ace started begging. He begged and begged that I follow him to his place, even knelt and crawled behind me. Eventually, I came. It wasn't all bad, it was time to talk about the mate thing. But I also knew I wasn't leaving his ‘house’ the same way I came.

Ace opened the door of his van with a grin, he looked awfully pale. "Welcome to my hotel, suitable for all kinds of people and fuck styles." He wiggled his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes, looking away to hide the colour on my cheeks. I walked into his dark van. I could already make out his clothes and wrappers of what he ate scattered all over. He flicked on the lights, and I was right.

"It would have been beautiful if you weren't a pig," I said with arms akimbo. "When was the last time you cleaned this place?"

"Two weeks ago," I turned around and glared at him. "Whaaaat? I don't live here often. I haven't been here for weeks, I was camping at every house I could camp in. Staying here gets lonely sometimes." He muttered the last part. I sighed heavily. It wouldn't have been lonely if he got a house where normal people lived. But would he listen? No.

"Well, at least you don't get to pay water or light bills," I said drily. He chuckled and nodded. I'll have to clean this mess up, it's sickening."

"Don't worry, you just wash up and I'll clean up,"