Chapter XVII

I perked up as I heard the bell go off. Finally! It would have been so embarrassing if I actually dozed off on my second day.

I was hurriedly putting my books in the bag when I saw a pair of heels stopping in front of my vision.

Seriously? Who wears heels to school?

I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head up to see the owner of these shoes.

There, in front of me, is a blonde girl with a sweet smile on her face.

"Um hi?"

I waved at her awkwardly.

"Scarlett espesito right? I am Hannah Fisher, your new bestfriend." She beamed at me.

"Uhh-?" I left the bag on the table, standing to my full height.

"Yes! We are going to be best friends from now on. I will introduce you to my other girl friends, Tessa and Harper. We are very popular in this school which is why we sit with juniors and sometimes senior too. Isn't that awesome?" She boasted proudly.

Is she high?

Wait..tessa as in tessa the mean girl?

Umm no thanks!

"Look I have already made pretty good friends here so.." I smiled at her apologetically.

Picking my bag up, I turned to leave but the girl made me stop by holding my elbow very tightly. Her nails degging in my flesh.

"Are you like rejecting my offer?!" She shouted with a harsh scowl on her face.

Clenching my jaw tightly, I freed my arm from her hold.

"I most likely am." I said in a calm voice, nodding my head slowly.

"You will regret your choice bitch. I'll make sure of that. I will turn your school life into living hell!" She glowered while glaring at me pointedly.

That's it. Sorry mom but I can't let her trash talk anymore.

"Oh!" I faked a nervous espression before taking a step forward.

"Fine! Let's be friends." She smiled triumphantly at my words.

"Ah ah ah, but on one condition." Her face showed no changes as she waved at me to go on.

"You can't order me around like you do with your other friends and let me have the exact authority you have."

Obviously I don't mean what I said since living in sidelines is kind of like my thing. But she doesn't need to know that.

Her face crumpled at my words. She suddenly slammed her bag on my table making me flinch involuntarily.

"No!! There's only one person who rules the sophomores and that is me! You can't take that away." She practically screamed at my face. I thanked my luck that I didn't get any of her spit on my face.

"Why? You wanted to by friend right. And as far as I know, you don't treat your friends as slaves."

She retreated back to her original position, opened her mouth to say something but closed it again.

"Got nothing to say? Now cut the bullshit and tell me exactly why you want to be my friend. Oh let me guess, to get closer to the triplets right?" I pestered the female dog who rolled her eyes in return.

"Ofcourse. Why else would I want to be your friend?" She sneered at me and smirked suddenly.

I guess she noticed my doubtful expression.